We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st visit to Aruba

New York
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
1st visit to Aruba

We're going to Manchebo Beach Resort in November. Any restaurant recommendations that we shouldn't miss? And would we need to make reservations before we arrive in Aruba? Also, any recommendations for things we shouldn't miss seeing (or doing).... Thanks!

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
415 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

Right around the Manchebo is Matthews which we love and then there is Pizza Bob's for pizza and burgers which is also good. www.Restaurantsaruba.com pretty much has most of the restaurants listed with locations and a lot have their menus posted. We have gone at that time of the year and made reservations once we get there.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

IMO, don't miss seeing the natural pool. Don't miss out on Madam Jannets restaurant. Don't miss doing the 5 hour mi Dushi snorkel and lunch. Don't miss eating with toes in the sand at Passions or maybe Barefoot. One thing we are going to do next year, get the cab driver to make a fast stop at Iguana Joes so we can get one of their HUGE yummy mixed drinks to go, on the way from the airport to our resort!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

The only reservations you'll need prior to your trip are any beach/sunset dining restaurants (like Passions) or limited seating restaurants (like Carte Blanche or Two Fools and a Bull.) Otherwise, for that time of year you can make reservations that afternoon for dinner that same night.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
833 posts
306 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

Enjoy your visit. If you like an upscale dining experience, try White Modern Cuisine. He's a video showing you the food and drinks:

bentpage.net/2012/…

There are many more Aruba restaurants, local and international style, on my blog, just surf through the Aruba categories.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,620 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

blogs -like spam are not allowed on tripadviser

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

you can get coupons for restaurants at:

www.ArubaDiscountCoupons.com

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

The French Steak House is located there and I liked it. It had something of an old fashion, classy, but casual feel to it and they have live paino music.

Best meal I had was at the Aqua Grill...great stop.

There's also a greart Itilian place located at the lighthouse...Trattori something or other..great food and view.

Monroe, Michigan
Level Contributor
12 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

We just returned from our 1st visit to Aruba...stayed at the Bucuti. We loved Matthew's on Tuesday for rib night. Also had a fantastic dinner at Simply Fish at Palm Beach. We did check out Madame Janette's to see what all the fuss is about. We weren't impressed... loved the atmosphere and concept, but food was lacking and service was terrible.Im one of those people who can be kept happy with slow service as long as I have a drink in hand. Took 25+ minutes to get a drink after being sat. Maybe we just had a fluke experience since so many people rave about MJ. Maybe we ordered the wrong food too...

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,320 posts
652 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

Thanks for the coupon link and info!!!

Canada
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st visit to Aruba

YES !!!

go to Matthews - lobster pasta - unbelieveable !!!!!!

Madame Janettes is very nice

Passions

Radisson - Sunset Grille (I think thats the name) we go there everytime- I should remember the name !!!!

Flying fishbones or Mirandi's

Rent a jeep for at least a day and go to the wild side of the island - pack a lunch and alot of beverages (very hot)Wear a suit under clothes so you can play in the waters (don't go far though- just the shore)