We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Questions..

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
295 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Questions..

It looks like I may book the Marriott Stelaris.. but I have a few questions (even after reading many, many reviews)!

1. Do they have wireless internet that we can get in our room/pool/etc? My husband will have his iPhone and needs to be able to retrieve emails 24/7.

2. I read somewhere about a resort fee, but I cannot find out how much it is anywhere!

3. How much is the breakfast buffet in the morning? Trying to debate on a regular garden view room, or the Tradewinds club!

Thanks!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Questions..

I don't stay at the Marriott but I eat often at La Vista Buffet. At the end of April, the breakfast buffet was $24.95 plus service charge. Approx. $29 total. The next day they were lowing the price by $2.00 to $22.95 as it was starting low season.

Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Questions..

The breakfast at the Tradewinds Club, although adequate for me, does not compare with the buffet at La Vista which can be a food orgy.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
295 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Questions..

LOL.. thanks!!

New York
Level Contributor
298 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Questions..

I just booked the Marriott. I had called Marriott to ask if there was wifi in the regular rooms. I was told no. You had to hook up to a wire and it was $12.00 a day. There is wifi in the lobby and by the adult pool and apparently that is free. It seems I get a different answer depending on who I talk to.

Carole

Edited: 25 July 2012, 21:35
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
295 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Questions..

That is exactly what happened to me today! Everyone I talked to gave me a different answer about everything!!! I even emailed the hotel, but no one responded! Bummer!!

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
785 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott Questions..

If your are a silver or above rewards member I believe they waive the $12 fee for the Internet. They also gave us $25 in phone calls free. We thought the wifi at the pool was great.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
295 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott Questions..

That is awesome. We are actually Platinum members. I emailed the hotel and they were quite "short" with me about everything.. I asked about the internet and upgrades, etc.. so who knows! I just hope everything goes okay when we get there.. I was really disappointed in their responses. It wasn't the friendly responses that I am used to getting :)

Manasquan, NJ
Level Contributor
785 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott Questions..

We stayed there in April. We are gold members. We booked the Tradewinds floor and they gave us the governors suite. It was wonderful.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott Questions..

Just returned yesterday, no wireless in the room just wired which you have to pay for unless you are a Marrtiott rewards member. Wifi for free in the lobby and adult pool. We were ten minutes late for the buffet at La Vista, so we had brunch which was $66. The selection is the best by far and the food delicious. Just a note I would consider the Hyatt or Radisson. I was disappointed with the Stellaris. First if you sit on the beach you hear construction all day long from the Ritz being built next door. Make sure you are not in the North wing orherwise there is a chance you will be facing the construction. Also the amount of watersport boats and vendors are annoying by the Marriotts. Lastly the amount of garbage on the beach and in the water was pathetic. It's too overcrowded by the Marriotts. I stayed at the Radisson and looked at rooms at the Hyatt. I would pick either one if those over the Marriott.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
295 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Marriott Questions..

Thanks for that.. My DH has never been to Aruba and I would hate for him to experience that all day!! I was thinking the Hyatt but the adult pool is enticing since we are leaving our toddler behind. I would not be happy to hear construction all day.. at all.