We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Bethlehem, New York
Level Contributor
189 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Have you heard the news? Coming in January 2013

facebook.com/notes/…10151332868779638

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Yep. It has been in the works for awhile now.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Geez - I have mixed feelings about that move; I really like their current location.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

I had mixed feelings myself when I first heard of the possible move. Now that it's actually happening.....hmmmm....don't know what to think since I love their current space. At least we'll get to enjoy one more dinner there when we're in Aruba next month.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
833 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Best of luck to them. I hope it works out.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Ditto, Amy. Do you know if the concept will remain unchanged (limited seating, courses of their choosing)?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Yes, the concept will remain the same.

I got a chance to try 2 Fools and a Bull in April - same concept, alot of fun and great food, too. Their restaurant is in a traditional cunucu house on Palm Beach Rd.

Edited: 07 August 2012, 12:33
Canada
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

ArubaAmy

Hi

I understand that 2 fools and a bull and Carte Blanche can be expensive,so.... if you could only go to one,which would you go to???

Thanks

robin

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Hi Robin -

Boy, that's a tough call! Really like them both and both are about the same price. The only difference I can see (and it's a slight difference) is that 2 Fools is a little more relaxed and more of a dinner party atmosphere where you meeting everyone on the patio in back first for a welcome cocktail and then between courses everyone takes a "drink break" and goes back to the patio again for more conversation (although you don't have to talk to anyone either if you don't want to.) Carte Blanche is more of a sit down right away and you will probably talk to your "neighbors" seated next to you but not as much milling about. As far as the food, both are great! I know that my husband and I have to pick just ONE for our Sept. trip and I had a hard time choosing. Would like to go to both, but my wallet says otherwise. LOL!!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Thanks for your input

I will have to think about it I guess

Oranjestad, Aruba
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Carte Blanche is moving to Bucuti

Hi everyone,

Yes we are moving to Bucuti Beach Resort. The concept will be the same and there will be no changes to the whole experience. The website will be updated, and upgraded, but the reservation system will be the same.

We will still serving only 14 guests per evening with a Carte Blanche menu, only in a new improved venue. The setup of the bar will be exactly the same. The restaurant will be located in the Caribbean garden with a half open view of the beach, but indoor and airconditioned. This is the main reason why we are moving to the Bucuti Beach Resort. The view we gonna have is one of the most amazing views on the island, and a huge improvement from our current location. But we will stay an independent restaurant.

We will move at the end of this year and open up in January 2013.

Glen and myself are very much looking forward to welcome you in our new venue. We are sure you will love our new location even more than the current one.

So now, everybody knows about our moving plans! For any updates, please visit the website. www.carteblanchearuba.com

Sunny greetings,

Dennis, chef and owner of Carte Blanche