We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

So going for 5 days next month.

I've got my options down to the following:

Marriott $950

Radisson $910

Tam AI $1200

Divi AI $1320

My wife will be 24 Weeks pregnant, we are vegetarians, and trying to see what might be the best option?

Anyone have any special insight to help me finalize the lodging? Any other tips for traveling with someone pregnant?

Thanks,

John

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

I would say the Radisson. You will be on Palm Beach, no waves in the water for your pregnant wife, and lots of places to eat within walking distance. Or pay the extra $58. per day and stay at the Tam for AI. You can always go out for dinner. Think about it, $58. for 2 people for drinks, and breakfast alone is a deal.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

I agree that at the prices you listed, the Tam AI would be a great deal. However, since you are Vegetarians, not sure if it would be the best option. The Radisson would be my choice.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

Fantastic prices, but I concur with jl--I presume unlimited alcohol isn't going to appeal to either of you! The Rad now has several meal plans, if that's a consideration.

Just wanted to add: when traveling with a pregnant woman, please keep her hydrated and remember she is always right.

Edited: 13 August 2012, 12:12
Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

Comparing the above, the Marriott and Radisson are apples and the Divi, Tamarijn are oranges.

We have stayed at both the Radisson and Tamarijn five times and like jl stated, being vegetarians, the Radisson would be a better option.

The Radisson wins out over the Marriott, in that they have the longest stretch of beach along Palm beach.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,279 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

Try if you can to book seats with extra leg room on the plane. My husband is 6'5" and we always try to get exit row seats. Lots of room to stretch and move around. Happy travels!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,219 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

Not an AI fan so if the choice is Marriott or Radisson, at the prices you indicate, Radisson hands down. It is also a couple of blocks closer to the restaurants.

Pregnant or not please try and get up at least 2 times during the flight to minimize the DVT issue.

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

Thanks everyone, ended up going with Radisson. Got the rate down to $685 for the 5 nights, so that made my decision very easy.

Booked a car for the trip, thinking of upgrading to a 4x4, but that might be a bit to bumpy for the wife, so might stick with the car.

looking to buy single trip medical trip insurance from insuremytrip, it's coming up to about $40 for $1M of coverage, which is excessive, but why not.

@Lori Thanks, We'll be stopping at Ling & Son's on our way to the hotel to pick up a case of water, so it will be handy. I already knows she always right :)

@Curly Thanks, maybe I will call USAirways, and they can assign us exit row seats.

@Medic Thanks, we are flying from Charlotte, and we chose aruba specifically for the non-stop flights, so I'll get her up and walking every hour :)

Thanks everyone for the advice, let me know if I missing things.

Edited: 17 August 2012, 05:26
Philadelphia...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

i would like to know where you found the grate deal $685 for 5 nights?? Lowest I found was $916 Divi dutch village on Travelocity from Philadelphia..... if you don't mind sharing the info, i will be appreciated!!

thank you

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

@michael

Orbitz had a sale a few days ago offering discounts on select hotels which included the Radisson so I was able to use that rate to get a good deal.

Edited: 17 August 2012, 21:36
Philadelphia...
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Marriott $950, Radisson $910, Tam AI $1200, or Divi AI $1320

thank you!