We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meal Recommendations?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Meal Recommendations?

Hi kids,

Twenty-one days to Caribbean nirvana - ahhhhh! Let the countdown commence!

Now, I will admit, over the years, my husband and I have become creatures of habit as it relates to our restaurants of choice in Aruba. And while I will never stray from my 'loves:' Wacky Wahoo's, Simply Fish, Fishes & More, Yemanja, Marandi and Linda's, I have vowed to try at least three new restaurants during this upcoming trip.

My short list now includes Barefoot, Pincho's and White Modern Cuisine. The 'maybe' list consists of Amadeus, Mirpas (assuming they relocate and open prior to our arrival) and Soenchi's.

Thoughts?

Suggestions?

Antacids required?

Any recommended menu choices for one or all?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Meal Recommendations?

Of those you have mentioned we immensely enjoyed Barefoot and Amadeus!

REALLY disliked Soenchi tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g147249-d1… evidently others have been less than thrilled as well. Ranked #50 of 82 restaurants in Palm/Eagle Beach

New York
Level Contributor
1,910 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meal Recommendations?

Amadeus is wonderful!

We love Pincho's, too.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Meal Recommendations?

Consider The Queen's. It wasn't QUITE as wonderful as it was last summer, but I will dream about the keshi yena until the day I die. The service is charmingly goofy.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meal Recommendations?

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. Based on the above, I am moving Amadeus to the short list.

Lori - we ate at The Queen's twice last year; once during an afternoon outing to the downtown area and again for lunch, prior to our departure (though, on that particular visit, I was so miserable at the thought of leaving, I cannot recall what I selected from the menu). I do, however, remember the Keshi Yena from our first outing and it was MOST satisfying. I do believe that their location was/is moving closer to the high-rise area. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,260 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meal Recommendations?

Queens is now located in the high rise hotel area.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Meal Recommendations?

We LOVED Barefoot!!

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,580 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Meal Recommendations?

The Queens is now in the mall that contains the Flow Club---with the movie theaters. Sorry, I don't speak Palm Beach very well!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Meal Recommendations?

Now, you see, I have mixed feelings about this. I like the high-rise area just fine, but do not wish to have every restaurant I choose to dine in in my own 'backyard,' as it were.

Doesn't anyone go downtown to eat anymore...or, horror of horrors, actually drive past the airport?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,918 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Meal Recommendations?

Arubamasc we still drive past the airport to get to Marina Pirata, but let's just keep that our secret ;)

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Meal Recommendations?

I was just going to recommend B55 past the airport, Arubamasc. It is one of our favorites and very reasonable, but they will have to have a car. Love, Love, Love Mathew's for their lobster pasta, a bit pricey but sooooo worth it!!

Teanne