We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

your stuff!?!?!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
your stuff!?!?!

What do you do with your stuff like your room key, money, credit card while parasailing, jet skiing, on banana boat rides, etc? Leaving on beach is way risky and taking with, it's going to all get really wet and if just in a bathing suit there's nowhere to place it....waterproof container of some type? What exactly have you found works best? and do stores there sell waterproof cameras? THX

New York
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: your stuff!?!?!

Figi sells a waterproff camera

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
755 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: your stuff!?!?!

I left mine inside the equipment box under their rental tent on Palm Beach...I was very well under the influenced though. So perhaps you shouldn't use my hiding spot. LOL But that says good things about the good vacationers on Palm Beach as they didn't take advantage of the drink guy while I took a banana boat ride.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: your stuff!?!?!

Just tuck them in your speedo...sheesh.

Actually my favorite trunks have a zipper pocket..... works ok for room keys and money (it dries fast).

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,091 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: your stuff!?!?!

We use the Vacation Vault. It can be purchased online or at places like The Container Store. Don't use it every day though since we don't take much to the beach - usually just $20-30 for a few drinks if we want something other than the beer in our cooler. We never take a credit card to the beach. If we end up buying lunch at the beach bar we charge it to the room.

Marlborough...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: your stuff!?!?!

I just got the vacation vault per recommendations I saw on this board. My main concern was having a camera, $$, etc on the beach while we are snorkeling and away from our stuff. I also got an 8 foot steel cable bike lock to make it easier to attach to larger objects.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: your stuff!?!?!

Love my vacation vault-it has been all over the caribbean!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
247 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: your stuff!?!?!

Thanks everyone!

boston,ma
Level Contributor
59 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: your stuff!?!?!

I just bought the Kyss Bag. I haven't taken it to Aruba yet, but will give it a try in February. It has a chain and lock that I can chain to the chair or hut.

9. Re: your stuff!?!?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 10:15