We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suggestions ?

Level Contributor
191 posts
Save Topic
Restaurant suggestions ?

We are going in Sept. staying at the Occidental. Would any of these fit our needs. If so which of the following would you recommend, for a celebration type dinner. Nice atmosphere, good view, good food, not to far from hotel ?

• Brazilian Steakhouse

• Aqua Grill Seafood

• Hostaria da Vittorio Italian

• Iguana Cantina Fresh Mexican Grill

• Soenchi’s Aruban/International

• Texas de Brazil Brazilian Steakhouse

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,962 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

Soenchi's is open air, overlooking the street sandwiched in between two other restaurants.

IF your heart is set on ONE place on your list, then the most upscale may be Aqua Grill.

For a celebration, if you are open to ideas for a special occasion, imo check out the restaurant reviews here. There are many more terrific restaurants not on your list ;)

Level Contributor
141 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

Depending on the celebration and who you are travelling with have you thought about Passions? I have never been to Aruba before but i have booked a table at passions already on Arubaamy's advice and many reccommendations. Have a peek at it as it looks fab and such a beautiful setting :)

buena, nj
Level Contributor
176 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

We loved Texas deBrazil. Hated Aqua Grill. Also went to LaHabicuala and a seafood restaurannt on the beach that was great - Fish something or other. Also ate at Suisse Chalet and loved it. Lots of great places.

Level Contributor
833 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

Some good places on the list. Here's a look at the food at Hostaria da Vittorio:

For a seriously upscale experience, you might like Amuse Bistro:

Or White Modern Cuisine

Enjoy every meal!

Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

If you're looking for atmosphere, skip Iguana Cantina. The food is perfectly fine, and the prices are reasonable, but it's in the mall, overlooking the central walking'/shopping/loud music/moonbounce area. For walkability and good food, White Modern and Amuse are fabulous. Passions has the great atmosphere...sooooooo many choices!!!!!!!

Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

Mike, Tell us more of what are you looking for. Dinner for two, dinner on the beach or to experience something more than the all inclusive?

I can't say that any of the restaurants on your list offers a great view.

Your hotel, The Occidental Grand can arrange a toes in the sand dinner on the beach for two at sunset for an additional $$. Occidental's Italian restaurant has outside seating on a balcony overlooking the pool.

The Caribbean Grill also offers outside seating. Be sure to request outside seating when you book the restaurant.

Edited: 23 August 2012, 17:40
Level Contributor
197 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

From your restaurant list we like Texas de Brazil. For me it's the selection of meats and for wife the huge salad bar.

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

Sorry, IMHO, I would not pick any of these for a special evening or occasion. It would be Madam Jeannettes, Passions or Flying Fishbones and maybe Simply Fish.

I've done the Brazilian steakhouse thing and it was way to salty and tasted strange, even the DH, who is a carnivore, said the same thing.

We did do Agua Grill a few years back and although the food was good, it was packed and noisey as hell, not a very good place for a romantic or special occasion again IMHO.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,937 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

Texas di Brazil is fun. Food is hot and good. Lots of meat. Great Sangria. I only eat from the Salad Bar. Very lively place. Very nice hostess and staff.

we went to Passions 1x. Great atmosphere only. Toes in the sand. dH felt it was all about the sand. Perhaps it was an off night for the Chef. We liked Barefoot so much better.

Yemanja is another fabulous place, in town

We all recommend so many places

Safe travels.

10. Re: Restaurant suggestions ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 06:15