We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi all inclusive resort & snuba in Aruba

Buffalo
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Divi all inclusive resort & snuba in Aruba

My family is traveling to Aruba over new years and staying at the Divi all inclusive. My daughter will just be turning 13 and we were wondering how the Divi hotel is? Most import we were wondering if anyone has done the De Palms Island snuba tour and how was it? Thanks

Emmaus, PA
Level Contributor
150 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Divi all inclusive resort & snuba in Aruba

We always stay at the Tamarijn - some say that the Divi is a little more upscale. for me I like the set up better at the Tam and you can use the facilities at both resorts. In regards to the SNUBA...I absolutely loved it! I did it twice with De Palm in Aruba and once in Mexico. The only thing that was a negative for me was that you have to do an all-inclusive excursion with De Palm..sucks because your already paying for the all-inclusive at the Divi (the food is not that great on the DePalm tour either - but the SNUBA makes up for it!) Anyway...I'm sure you'll have a blast!!

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,909 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divi all inclusive resort & snuba in Aruba

Yes, the Divi is a bit more upscale, but there are more children at the Tamarijn. My husband and I prefer the Tamarijn in that the rooms are all directly on the ocean.

Our dd's first visit was to the Tamarijn when she was 11 and she has been back now 4 additional times and loves it. she is 16 now, and no matter the time of year, she always meets kids her age.

CT
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divi all inclusive resort & snuba in Aruba

i consider virtually all the rooms at the divi - ON the ocean... They just dont all open up a sliding glass door to the sand. With that being said - i like the divi. It's likely more of a personal choice, and more so depends on where you stay first. Not a right and a wrong side IMO!

With a 13yr old, i may be more inclined to pick the Tam. Historically, more kids/families are on the tam sides, so they may have more options to friend-up.

atlanta
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Divi all inclusive resort & snuba in Aruba

we are considering traveling to aruba for new years with our 2 college age students. Where would be the best place to stay? and how do they celebrate the new year in aruba?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,916 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Divi all inclusive resort & snuba in Aruba

Stacey - the Tam might be better - all the kids hangout around the pool tables / ping pong tables there....which are centrally located by the main pool & snack bar. You could setup shop there and your daughter could be off to the pool table area without you having to worry much.

Our kids loved the Tam - all three times we've been. Its not glamorous, but the food is very good (they love the pizzas at the snack bar), but most of all, they love all the people they have met while there.

Edited: 22 July 2013, 22:15
6. Re: Divi all inclusive resort & snuba in Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 07:18