We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

Columbus
Level Contributor
32 posts
163 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

We are traveling to Aruba in March 2013. Flights are booked. Hotel is not. Looking for a place ON the beach (not across the street) WITH a pool. Doesn't have to be a big fancy resort or in a very commercial area. We have three children all under the age of 12. Must be clean. Ideas and suggestions are welcome!! We might consider renting a condo too.....

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

Read reviews for the Tamarijn or Divi Dutch Village. I'm sure other suggestions will POUR in! Have a great trip!

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

Costa Linda , my number 1 choice with kids.

Columbus
Level Contributor
32 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

What about the Oceania condos. They have several pools and are very close to the beach. Plus none of the craziness, I assume, of a big resort....

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

Is Oceania across the street from the beach?

Canada
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

Yes - Oceania is across the street from the beach

We are staying at Costa Linda - great place (timeshare) directly on the beach and very nice. We are also staying at Oceania afterwards -so... I recommend both. If you want to be ON the beach -then Costa Linda.

Tam and Divi - both great suggestions for a family . I have never been there but seen them in our many visits to Aruba

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

If you must be on the beach then Oceania will not work, although they are beautiful new condo's and the road is no big deal, IMHO.

I would look at the Tam or Divi on Eagle Beach. At Palm Beach, I would look at the Marriott.

Teanne

Boston
Level Contributor
891 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

Many people don't like it, but --- The Marriott Surf Club has a lazy river, water slide and "regular pool"; it also has an "adults only" pool if you felt comfortable letting your kids go by themselves in the regular pool while you relax a little on your own. And you are only about a 7 min. walk from the two malls, where the Palm Beach mall has a water "ride" for the kids; not sure what it is called but they have what looks like a wave pool with a "bogie board" for the kids to "ride" on.

Other than that, all the hotels in the high rise area have good pools.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,318 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

Costa Linda or Casa del Mar are good choices.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

Another vote for the Tam... Its perfect for kids - usually quite a few around - the restaurants / pool are all centrally located - forces everyone together and encourages you to meet people (translation your kids will make new friends, which means they will be happy, and if they are happy, you are happy... right).

With 3 kids you might have to get two rooms and / or stay at the dutch village.... you will have to call them to check out your options.

FWIW - if you are willing to wait - the prices might come down as you get closer to the date.

CT
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aruba family travel INFO NEEDED

i like the tam option, as the kids (IIRC) will be free.

timeshare/condo rentals are also really cheap if you wait till your a bit closer. Cheaper the closer you get! BUT, you likely dont have a restaurant on premises, so you will have to venture out a bit (not an issue), or cook (definitely an issue!!!).