We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Beach Studios question

Thunder Bay, Ontario
Level Contributor
254 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Beach Studios question

Hello Aruba Forum,

I just booked us three weeks at Sunset Beach studios for this coming February. It was so reasonable and has good reviews, and we got good flight prices...it all seems a little miraculous...lol.

We were given Garden studio 6, has anyone stayed in that unit and can you tell me something about it. We have stayed in studios before and are used to cooking ourselves. Are there any grocery shops nearby?

We're interested in snorkelling and I see there's lots near there. Can you bring your stuff and safely leave it on the beach without fear of theft? I had stayed at the Holiday Inn years ago and you didn't have to worry too much about your stuff.

Is it pretty secure at the units?

Thanks...if you have anymore info, I'm all ears :)

God Bless, Arlette

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,906 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Beach Studios question

Not much in that area to walk to as far as grocery stores so you'll need a car rental or you can call a taxi. Large grocery store (Kong Fui) is located not too far from the high rise hotel area - and the other large stores (Certified, Kong Hing, Super Food, and Ling & Sons) are all located on the main road between downtown and the low rise hotel area.

By February, Super Food should have its new larger store open which is at the stoplight on the main road near LaCabana and the Tropicana.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Beach Studios question

I stayed in garden view studio #5 in 2006. Very comfortable, basic room with a kitchen area that has pretty much all you need to make a meal. Mgmt was not there at night (not sure if that's still the case) but I never felt unsafe, and they do let you know how to get in touch with them if you need to.

It was a great place, with house keeping service, small pool and jacuzzi. Someone always around during the day taking care of the landscaping, scrubbing the pool etc... They have lounges around the pool, tables and chairs and BBQ in the garden area as well. The a/c worked great which was important because they did request that you turn off the a/c when you were not inside the room and it never took long for it to cool off.

We had a car so it was easy to get around, there isn't much in that area to walk to. Parking was never a problem right in front of Sunset Beach Studios.

The sunset views are amazing and I loved how there was a newspaper in front of my door in the morning - it's the little things ;-) I don't like leaving my stuff anywhere unattended, that would have to be your call.

We really loved the experience of staying there, you truly feel as if you are living on the island and the price is right.

Edited: 27 September 2012, 02:35
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Level Contributor
254 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Beach Studios question

Thanks Amy and Trizi for your replies. Sounds like everyone was pretty satisfied with Sunset. The price is so great. We may get a car for a part of the time to visit some of the other towns. I don't mind taking the bus...nice for sight seeing.

Shopping will be fun. I remember back in 1995 when I was there last, there was lots of great seafood at the markets in Oranjestaat. It would be nice to try some grilling.

I'm not a fan of AC anyway...lol. I don't usually use it. I found last time with the wind that I never needed it.

Right now I just can't believe I get to go back! I've been waiting for years....somebody pinch me :) Thanks again.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Beach Studios question

We investigated Sunset - it looks great

Only one problem - husband NEEDS his AC

I would be there in a minute ...but... he is a big guy and needs it.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Beach Studios question

they have A/C in all units, they just request that you turn it off when you leave the apartment.

USA
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Beach Studios question

Before we built our home here, we stayed at Sunset Beach and all of the units have AC. They only "Request" that you turn off the units only when you are not there.

Ohio
Level Contributor
37 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Beach Studios question

I am also looking @ staying here in April. What is the beach like?

8. Re: Sunset Beach Studios question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 15:17