We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket prices

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Supermarket prices

I am planning a first trip to Aruba. My question is, we are renting a Townhouse in Palm Beach area, how are the supermarket prices there. We are planning to eat as much as possible at the condo for at least breakfast & lunch.

Thanks

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,353 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket prices

On average, some prices can be about 10-15% higher than the prices in a major U.S. city. Some prices are about the same. Items with the highest prices tend to be snack food (chips, etc.) and beer.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket prices

Thank you for the information!

Butler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
310 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket prices

Great question amf020560, we are doing the same next year so this helps with the budgeting of money that we want to bring along. My question is, is the meat way higher there than in the US like Hawaii? I am assuming the seafood is cheap there as well.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket prices

They might be a bit higher than home, but, not much

Ling and SDons is our fav ( very large) has everything.

Seafood is not any cheaper than home.

We rent a condo,so, we buy at the grocery store for snacks, booze, mix and lunch food/ coffee etc- make sure you do some dining out - too many wonderful restaurants in Aruba to miss them !!!!

Edited: 06 October 2012, 22:03
Butler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
310 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket prices

Thanks for the info, yes we plan on eating out a few of times when are there.

6. Re: Supermarket prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 22:18