We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying home from Aruba with connecting flight... Question

Virginia
Level Contributor
898 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Flying home from Aruba with connecting flight... Question

I understand that when leaving Aruba we will go through US Customs and Immigration before we leave Aruba. If I understand this correctly when we arrive at our first stop in the US it is like arriving on a domestic flight (no immigration or customs since we already did it in Aruba). Hopefully I have that correct.

My questions is this...

Usually when we arrive on an international flight we have to go through immigration, claim our luggage, go through Customs, Recheck luggage, go through TSA Security to get to the gate for our connecting flight. BUT... leaving Aruba will our luggage just check on through to our final destination so that we don't have to claim it at our first stop like we normally would have to do when arriving on an international flight?

Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying home from Aruba with connecting flight... Question

Yes, your luggage will just be transported to your connecting flight. Only thing you need to do is go to your gate for your connecting flight. Very easy.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying home from Aruba with connecting flight... Question

What you say you normally have to do in the states, you have to do in Aruba. You have to pick up your suitcases and go through US Customs, drop off your suitcases, and go through TSA Security.

When you initially drop off your suitcases when you chek in, you will later have to repick them up. All suitcases are in a room with all airlines separated so it is easy to find your suitcases. This is why it sometimes takes a long time until you get to your gate in Aruba, it is a process.

3. Re: Flying home from Aruba with connecting flight... Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 09:18