We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Time in Aruba

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
13 posts
88 reviews
Save Topic
First Time in Aruba

Hi guys we are heading to Aruba in June 2013 for our Honeymoon and staying at The Riu Palace. I wonder if anyone from the UK has ever been there and can tell me a bit about it. I am travelling with my new husband and baby who will be 10 months old. Also wondering if anyone has ever taken their baby and what its like for mosqitos. Im a bit scared in case he gets sick or bit.

Whats the cocktails like at the hotel and does anyone recommend any trips to go on. Any good places to go at night outside of the hotel ?

Does the hotel issue towels or is it best to take your own for lounging by the pool and beach ?

What was the flight like. We are flying Thomson from Gatwick but are from Aberdeen.

Any information at all is apreciated.

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
934 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Time in Aruba

We generally take Bounce dryer sheets to rub on which seems to repel mosquitoes especially in the late afternoon, evening. There are two areas on Aruba, the high rise and low rise area. There are more activities in the high rise area with shops, boutiques. Most resorts have beach towels which they will make available daily usually near the pool.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,026 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Time in Aruba

Stay on Eagle beach now, but when staying at Palm beach - never had a misquito problem

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,938 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Time in Aruba

Since you are travelling with a baby, I would choose a bus tour of the island over a jeep tour. Check DePalm Tours for itineraries. The RIU is centrally located in the Palm Beach area. You could walk around outside and check

out various shops, restaurants, etc. The Hyatt is close by. Walk through the hotel gardens. Very nicely landscaped. Bugaloe Beach Bar is right behind the RIU on a pier that extends out over the ocean.

4. Re: First Time in Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 21:17