We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

Hampshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

Looking to get a taxi from cruise port out to a nice beach, with chairs and facilities, where we can be dropped off and easily get a taxi back to the ship.

Have looked at previous posts but cannot find one from anyone who has been there recently. Seen suggestion for Moonba's on Palm Beach or the Raddison on Palm Beach.

Has anyone any other suggestions.

Can anyone remember apx what the return taxi fare should be

Thanks

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,227 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

If you look over to the right under "Top Questions About Aruba", there is a section titled "Beach Day in Aruba from Cruise Ship". It has some great suggestions and ideas. Enjoy!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,936 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

Taxi fare from downtown to Palm Beach should be approx. $11 one way.

Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

Just got back from Cruise- right outside the port there are taxi's waiting- 4 of us, they charged about 5$ each. We went to De Palm Pier, right by Westin hotel... Great beach spot.. Parasailing for $60. We went on a 4- person tube, it was a lot of fun. A friend went out on a scuba trip from there... Very easy to get a taxi back by the hotels.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,641 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

If I were to choose, I would take a taxi to Radisson, walk through the hotel gounds out to the beach and turn left. There is a pier with a building to rent chairs and other water related items. Have lunch right on the pier at Bugaloe's or at the Radsisson's Gilligans just off the beach.

Westland, Michigan
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

truthfully i would take the bus... right across from cruise port.. they run about every 20 minutes and only cost 1.25 each way.Ive been to aruba several times for several weeks and i personally prefer eagle beach..Eagle beach is wide and beautiful beach with may attractions.... Not as crowded as palm beach.. palm beach is more narrower with more people due to all the high rise hotels right on the beach....

Hampshire
Level Contributor
15 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

Thanks for information we had changed our mind and thought we would go for Eagle Beach

Regards

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

Eagle beach is the quieter of the two . Only issue I don't think you will be able to hire chairs or parasols

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

How. About nikii beach...we didn't go there, but heard nice things

9. Re: Visiting Aruba on Cruise -March 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 05:15