We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tamarijn vs Tamarijn suites

Colchester
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Tamarijn vs Tamarijn suites

I am looking at going to the Tam in July with my family, can someone tell me the difference between the suites and the normal rooms. The suites seem to be more expensive, do u think they are worth the extra?

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tamarijn vs Tamarijn suites

The suites are located at the Divi Dutch Village, behind the Tam. They are time share units. The suites have full kitchens and are much larger than the hotel unit you will get at the Tam. They have studios, and one and two bedroom units. They ARE NOT right on the water, but deending on your room, you may get a water view.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tamarijn vs Tamarijn suites

Here is a map of the Tam and Dutch Village courtesy of Lisa:

www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_map.jpg

New York
Level Contributor
898 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tamarijn vs Tamarijn suites

The studios and the one bedroom units at the Tam Suites (Divi Dutch Village) have a king bed and a couch that opens. The studios have one TV and the one bedroom has two TV's - one in the bedroom. Both have a refrig, a stove, microwave, table and 4 chairs. All have either a patio (first floor) or a balcony (second/third floor). All units are behind the Tamarijn. It is a short walk to the beach. Read the reviews for the Divi Dutch Village for more information.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tamarijn vs Tamarijn suites

Isn't the other big difference that the Tamarijn is all-inclusive and the Dutch Village is not all-inclusive? ... or can you get AI at the Dutch Village? If you stay at the Tamarijn (in the beach front rooms) you must do AI. There's nothing but a small drink fridge - no coffee maker, no microwave - no cooking whatsoever (YEAH!)

I must admit, the room locations right on the beach is about the best I have ever seen. You cannot get a better view or proximity to the water. We left our door a crack at night to hear the waves.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tamarijn vs Tamarijn suites

The Tam Suites at the Dutch Village are also AI, just bigger rooms wich, IMO, is a huge plus.