We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New hotel manager at westin?

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
New hotel manager at westin?

since booking the westin, I went back and read all the reviews for the last 6 months, from nov. to dec. the manger Roy stopped writning responses to the TA reviews...is there a new manager and does anyone know his name...would like to email the hotel before our visit.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

I can find out from a friend that works there, will get back to you asap.

Boston...
Level Contributor
722 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

Thank you....

Phoenix, Arizona
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

Would be great if you had any local buzz on the hotel. Where is mr roy!?

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

Well he asked why and wanted to know if something was wrong. I said no and a friend just wanted to ask some questions about conflicting reviews. Still no answer though. Everyone i ever talked to that stayer there had great things to say about the resort and the few people i know that work there love the company and guest. They work very hard to make guest happy based on way i have heard if that helps.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

Just an FYI -

It was announced in Sept. 2012 that the Westin is now for sale. Doubtful that any renovations will be done until there are new owners.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,401 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

From Wyndham, to Westin, to.....who knows!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

Prior to the Wyndham it was the Concorde Hotel and then the Hilton. It's had many owners over the years....

Langhorne...
Level Contributor
164 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

Hi Amy I always read your posts. Can I ask you how you know so much about Aruba ? Did you ever live there? Thank you and if I missed this answer at some point in the past, I apologize.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

Hi Jerseygirl!

No, never lived there but have been traveling there since 1996. We usually go twice a year and stay anywhere from 12-16 days on each trip. Over the years, I've met alot of people, made alot of very good friends, and have watched the island change (some things I like, some I don't - but that happens with growth anywhere.) Our travels to Aruba now are mainly to see friends who live there (okay, and lay on the beach a little. LOL!) I guess that's it in a nutshell. :)

Langhorne...
Level Contributor
164 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New hotel manager at westin?

Amy I think it is great that you spend your time and energy trying to help everyone on this site. Hope you have many, many more great vacations to Aruba.