We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

low rises in Aruba

Oak Park, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
low rises in Aruba

We'd like to stay in an all-inclusive in Aruba but one that's not a high rise, cookie cutter-looking property. Suggestions? Thanks much.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: low rises in Aruba

Divi or Tamarijn. Not fancy/schmancy by any means, but on a fabulous stretch of beach.

Oak Park, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: low rises in Aruba

Thanks. Do you prefer one over the other? Is there a price difference? Are they close to town? Thanks again.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: low rises in Aruba

Divi and the Tam are sister properties. You can stayat one and use the amenities at the other....the tam is a little more family oriented. Both are nice properties. A 5 min drive to town. The Tam is a little less expensive and all their rooms are waterfront.

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: low rises in Aruba

We stayed at Divi Dutch in May, and had one of the greatest times of our lives.

Fancy? No.... but NOT shabby, totally cozy, clean, and yes... the beach - forget it. TOTAL paraside. I would walk to the Tam at night for drinks and fun and mingling... it was always hoppin' and a great time. Sigh....

I MISS ARUBA!

Moorestown, New...
Level Contributor
85 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: low rises in Aruba

We stayed at Divi Dutch in May, and had one of the greatest times of our lives.

Fancy? No.... but NOT shabby, totally cozy, clean, and yes... the beach - forget it. TOTAL paraside. I would walk to the Tam at night for drinks and fun and mingling... it was always hoppin' and a great time. Sigh....

I MISS ARUBA!

West Chester...
Level Contributor
115 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: low rises in Aruba

You could try one of the others, Manchebo, Aruba Beach Club, Amsterdam Manor, La Quinta, La Cabana all in the low rise area, Again Fancy no, comfortable yes, all have nice beaches.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: low rises in Aruba

The OP was looking for All Inclusive.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: low rises in Aruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WegEsp2MdM

Lots of info om You Tube

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: low rises in Aruba

We had a great trip to Aruba in Dec. We stayed at the Tamarijn with a fabulous beach front room location, but mostly sat at the Divi during the day. We ate at the restaurants at both sides, and checked out the evening entertainment at both. The 2 resorts are sprawling so there’s lots of beach and it was not at all crowded. Like you, we prefer the smaller, low rise resorts... and AI. As long as you’re not expecting fancy, I think you’d enjoy it.

10. Re: low rises in Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 07:18