We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

I could really use some help from all the Aruba experts here.

I'm having a hard time deciding where to stay on our honeymoon this September - some friends recommended the Divi. They were there last Sept. and really liked it. In doing my research, I think we would really enjoy the Bucuti Tara Suites, as they look more upscale and modern, it's quiet, with a great beach. My concerns are going broke on drinks and food by not going AI. On the flip-side, I keep reading that AI is NOT the way to go on Aruba - so many good restaurants! We're really torn.

We're both 30 years old, looking to relax on the beach, enjoy good restaurants, and will most likely be having several cocktails daily. Would it make any sense to split the trip between the 2 resorts? Any advice would be really be appreciated! Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,265 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

Go with the Bucuti - perfect honeymoon spot!

Everyone I know (including me!) brings along a soft sided cooler and buys most of their beverages/alcohol at the grocery store in Aruba. You won't go broke this way and will always have your drinks right at your fingertips on the beach. The rooms at the Bucuti all have a mini-frig in them as well.

Burlington...
Level Contributor
782 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

I stayed at the Divi and LOVED it! My husband and I love All Inclusive, would go no other way. We stayed at the resort most of the time, except to go into town shopping, sighseeing at the lighthouse and a sunset cruise. Loved the entertainment every night, the food, the people. We had an oceanfront room. Everything was perfect...Never had to worry about paying for a thing. Never had to sign for anything...It was Paradise.

Nancy

Also, all top shelf liquor, day and night, as many drinks as you want.

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
648 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

I have done both. Personally, for a honeymoon, go with the Bucuti! I won't go back to the Divi simply because I didn't think the all inclusive option was really all that cost effective.

The Bucuti includes free breakfast in your rate. I think it is cheaper to load up on breakfast, eat a small lunch, and then go out to a nice dinner/happy hour and experience the culture of Aruba!

On average, the Divi will run you about $100-$250 more per night than the Tara Suites. Well, we NEVER spent more than $150 a day going out to dinner and having a nice happy hour while staying at the Bucuti. Considering that, we actually saved money by not doing all inlcusive.

Also, on a side note, I didn't think the Divi's food was all that great. It was quite average and made me wish I didn't do all inlcusive. I hope this can help you!

Chicago
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

Hi, I was curious where you ended up staying and your thoughts? I stayed at the bucuti a few yrs ago (beofre the tara suites ) and loved it but we are goin gin Nov and thinking to do the Divi.

Please let me know your thoughts,

thanks,

mgn

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

Another vote for Bucuti. With breakfast included, your collapsible cooler and enjoying 2 for 1 happy hours you will be able to enjoy the week as planned without breaking the bank.

If you divide your meals up with nice dinners some nights and good pizza or delish ribs on other nights you will be able to experience all kinds of restaurants without killing your budget. There are lots of options when it comes to dining, it doesn't have to all be super pricey to be good.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

just realized I answered a person that has long ended their honeymoon.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,846 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

Hey trizi!

Glad that you noticed. I ALMOST did the same thing and would have if not for your post. LOL

Anyway, to answer the person who revived this thread,

AI or not AI is a personal choice. IMO, not doing AI in Aruba is the way to go. Others will disagree.

If you compare Bucuti and dining at some great restaurants, as well as some very good casual restaurants, to AI at Divi, I just don't know how

anyone would choose Divi. Again, this is from my perspective. Large groups would be an exception.

8. Re: Honeymoon Help - Bucuti or Divi? or both???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 21:16