We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
256 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

Looking for a chance to get out on the water and snorkel, have some lunch and drinks.

Just wondering what your thoughts are? Under Things To Do in Aruba there weren't too many choices for snorkel cruises.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. We'll be in Aruba in just over a week!

Val

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,040 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

We actually prefer a couple of the smaller (less people) snorkel cruises. The Tranquilo is a full day of sailing, snorkeling, lunch and drinks. We also like the Octopus (prefer their morning snorkel with 2 stops) - it's a half day and also includes lunch.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,309 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

Red sail will have a large group and Bob will have just a handfull. It depends on what you want, id rather have fewer people....

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
256 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

I agree, fewer people is preferred. Thanks for the suggestions. Can't wait to experience Aruba.

I've heard only wonderful things.

Val

Level Contributor
24 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

If you mean Aruba Bob for snorkeling, they are great! You don't go out in a boat, however. You snorkel off a beach. We loved it! Motors are easy to use and we saw incredible underwater sights! Maybe snorkel with "Bob" and then take a sunset cruise with Red Sail. Have fun!

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,406 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

Red Sail sunset cruise is fine. we did it last February and had fun, perfect time. Hope to do it again

Enjoy your trip

Roanoke, VA
Level Contributor
41 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

We actually enjoyed Jolly Pirates! It's a little more upbeat. DIdn't know what type of day you were looking for....They also serve lunch, which was really good and drinks. Sometimes it was can a little wild, but that's what we found fun!

Salem
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

Another thumbs up for Aruba Bob. We had a great time snorkeling with him. The group was small and the snorkeling was fantastic!!! We hope to hook up with him again this summer. :)

West Milford, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

I have a couple of questions. Ksaul, you said jolly pirates can be a little wild. Could you tell me in what way? We are not In our twenties,but we are not by any means prudes.

Mominbeantown, you mentioned with Bobs you snorkel off the beach. Do they provide life jackets? I love snokelng, and everything about the water, but i'm not a confident swimmer. What beach do they snorkel from?

Thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
771 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

Regarding Jolly Pirates, Went on them in 2010. We were in your late 50’s and early 60’s and my daughter and husband in their late 30’s . A little wild was actually a lot of fun and entertaining. The rope swing was the highlight of the day. The staff were great, but the guest, Oh My, the rope swing is not easy for everyone and hysterical at time to watch. PS I’m no fool No rope for me, No way LOL. We had a good time. But it was a bit crowded and also had some younger children on board. We have also gone out with Anthony ( famous pea soup) in th past and the Octopus .

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
833 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which is better? Bob's Snorkel or Red Sail Catamaran?

Aruba Bob snorkeling is a more personal experience and will take you to Mangel Alto which is a great spot to view the sea life.

Tranquilo is another sailing option that can take you to Magnel Alto and is for very small groups.

Enjoy your choices.