We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outside Dinner on the beach

Boston...
8 posts
Save Topic
Outside Dinner on the beach

Hello - We are going to Aruba with a group of 12 people. We are looking for a special night for dinner on the beach. We would like a nice place - it is a birthday dinner. We are staying at the Marriot.

Any suggestions?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,514 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outside Dinner on the beach

The Marriott has a very nice beach dinning place called Simply Fish; great at sunset. You can see it on their web site or probably on this site as well.

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
753 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outside Dinner on the beach

I second Simply Fish. The food was excellent when we were there! The sunset is just as good there as it was at Passions, IMO the food was better at Simply Fish.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,898 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outside Dinner on the beach

Our favorite beach dining is Passions - located on Eagle Beach near Amsterdam Manor.

Another favorite that people like is Barefoot - located on Surfside Beach.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,211 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outside Dinner on the beach

Vote for Barefoot. Great food, beautiful setting.

Safe flights

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Outside Dinner on the beach

Since you are a large group I would pick Simply Fish since you are staying at the Marriott.. If you have your own vehicles you wouldn't want to drive if you are "celebrating". Or you would have to take 3 taxi's with 12 people to get anywhere else..

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outside Dinner on the beach

We liked Passions a LOT, but I have to agree with Liz.

Passions is more "couple-y," too--lots of folks go there for romance and if your party gets a bit raucous, it might interfere with the ambiance AMBR has cultivated so nicely.

Have a great trip!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,610 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outside Dinner on the beach

I can vouch for Barefoot, but Simply Fish makes a lot of sense. Never been there, so can't offer any critique. Maybe you could consider renting a 12 passenger van for a few days. Drive to other locales.Or two smaller vans

8. Re: Outside Dinner on the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 February 2014, 05:16