We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Level Contributor
394 posts
Save Topic

went down to beach to get a palapa at 6 this morning. All gone. What do these senior citizens go to bed at 8 the night before? Wow is the resort crowded. Walked over to AMBR and rented one. Nicer and worth the 25 bucks.

Edited: 10 February 2013, 11:43
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,499 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lacabana

I'm with you, would have done the same thing. When we've stayed at AMBR I can't believe how crowded the LaCabana beach is so early!

Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,458 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lacabana

If you want a quiet beach you need to stay at a quiet (smaller) hotel. LaCabana has approx. 400 rooms. Amsterdam Manor has 72 rooms. Do the math. :)

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lacabana

I didn't mind LaCabana, but my husband did not like it. We love the Divi Golf. There are just about as many rooms at the Divi AI, Tam, Dutch, Village, and Golf, but there is so much more beach which equals more huts and shade.

4. Re: Lacabana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 07:16