We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

I am suprised to see that the flights today are again canceled. There will be a lot of unhappy people.

Friends were smart and jumped on a plane Friday instead of their scheduled Saturday flight. They are now sitting on the beach.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,425 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

It's always on my mind leading up to my winter trip, Can't imagine the disappointment. I would have been all over that earlier flight but can't believe it was not book. Every flight i have ever been on out of Newark is booked. I would head south in my car in a heartbeat if i could get to an airport with a flight.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

Wow, that is shockng.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

IAD was never closed, as well as many other airports. Most airlines had travel waivers posted well in advance.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

As far as JetBlue goes, they were looking at having the later flight leaving Boston to Aruba happen yesterday, the earlier in the morning one was canceled. They then canceled the later flight. Today's flight were also not expected to be canceled.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

It's a real mess here and I don't think it's all Jet Blue's decision whether or not to fly. The roads are a mess all over and there are still plenty of people and businesses without power.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

The flights TO Aruba were canceled, the ones FROM, are in the air.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

That's weird, hope those people can get home from the airport.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

Thinking about that further, maybe those planes were stuck in Aruba so there were no planes in Boston to fly out today. I doubt they'd fly other planes down there and then fly back empty.

Attleboro...
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

We flew into Boston from Aruba last night.We were originally supposed to come home on

Friday's flight and were lucky to get onto Sunday's flight.

La cabana had only a few rooms available for our extended stay thru Sunday.We started calling around to check on availability at other resorts in the event that Sunday's flight was cancelled as well.All the hotels are at capacity and we would have had a hard time finding somewhere to go.Also there were 6 jet blue pilots flying in couch and our trip back which makes me wonder if they may have had a shortage of pilots due to the storm.Other than the baggage cart getting stuck in the snow and having to get the car out of the parking spot with no shovel the trip home was fine.Back to the grind.

10. Re: JetBlue BOS-AUA Flights on 2/10 Canceled

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2014, 06:17