We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Previously stayed at Hyatt, would we like Bucuti?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Previously stayed at Hyatt, would we like Bucuti?

Hi everyone. A few years ago my husband and I stayed at the Hyatt and loved it. We did enjoy the high rise area because we could walk to other hotels at night and visit their beach bars or walk across the street to the shops, restaurants and bars. We are fine to hang out at the beach and relax all day, but get bored if we stay on the same property day and night. If I remember correctly, when we drove down to where Bucuti and the smaller hotels were, I liked that the water was more active, but it seemed boring down there for some reason. I am attracted to the fact that at Bucuti, you can get a first floor room and walk right out to the beach. Did I read correctly that they took down the palapa s and replaced them with umbrellas? I hope not as I like the tropical look and feel of the palapas.

So from what I mentioned above, do you think we would like Bucuti? Thank you.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Previously stayed at Hyatt, would we like Bucuti?

I would vote no Bucuti for you, it sounds like Palm beach is more your speed. Itmis considerably quieter on Eagle beach and thats why many love it and will only stay there.

NJ
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Previously stayed at Hyatt, would we like Bucuti?

Yes the palapa's have been replaced with Umbrella's. I agree, it may be too laid back for you.

New York
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Previously stayed at Hyatt, would we like Bucuti?

My husband and I like visiting Palm beach, but only like eagle beach to stay on. There are so many motorized boats at palm beach making the water not as clean and clear as you find on eagle beach. Eagle beach is centrally located to the town and to palm beach. it is only about 2 miles in either direction. another place you may want to consider on eagle beach is costa linda. It is located next door to Bucuti. You can rent from either the hotel or a timeshare owner.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Previously stayed at Hyatt, would we like Bucuti?

You will definitely like the beach better at Bucuti. If you rent a car, it is a very short ride to the High Rise area. When the night is over, you will appreciate the quiet and solitude in the Low Rise area.

If you really want to stay in the High Rise area, compare the Hyatt to the Radisson. I prefer having a full balcony but don't care to pay for an oceanfront suite at the Hyatt to get one.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Previously stayed at Hyatt, would we like Bucuti?

Hi

Yes - Eagle beach is much quieter (love that!!) but you are so close to Palm Beach activities. Costa Linda is where we stay now, we have stayed on Palm 4 times and now prefer Eagle.

Don't know when you are going - check into Bucuti - construction going on. Bucuti is lovely.

If you want Palm Beach - I recommend Radisson - they have balconies that Hyatt does not (unless oceanfront units)

Edited: 22 February 2013, 15:55
6. Re: Previously stayed at Hyatt, would we like Bucuti?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:16