We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach @ Bucati & Tara

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Beach @ Bucati & Tara

I have a little challenge with walking and balance so I'm wondering if it's easy to get in and out of the water?

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

If the water is rough, it may be tough to get in and out. What time of year would you be planning on going?

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,609 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

It will probably be a challenge if you have a disability. If this is an issue, you should consider switching to the Radisson on Palm Beach. JMO.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

We are thinking about September? Any thoughts?

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

Is Palm Beach calmer than Eagle Beach?

Boston...
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

Palm beach is calmer and I would suggest going there. I would also look into the Radisson as Tony mentioned. While Aruba is out of the Huricane belt the seas could be turned up a bit in September depending on what is going on elsewhere. Palm is always calm minus the boats for the most part.

NJ
Level Contributor
116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

We just returned from the Bucuti a few weeks ago. I loved the hotel and its beach is beautiful, but walking in and out of the ocean could be a bit challenging. There was a slight drop as you entered-- and stones -- until you walked out far enough, obviously not great if you have a problem with balance. The other posters offer great alternatives. Good luck!

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

My husband's friend has cerebral palsy and struggled getting out of the water without assistance from my husband next door at the Costa Linda. Of course the numerous beers did not help. LOL. I love the beach and water in that area but like everyone else I wouold seriously consider the Palm Beach area for easier mobility.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

Thank you Afro the info.....I will look at the Palm beach resorts.

Boston...
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

The Radisson has 2 huge zero entry pools that are very easy to get in and out of, not the ocean but still very nice and refreshing.

10. Re: Beach @ Bucati & Tara

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 06:16