We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Timer- Need Restaurant Recommendations with Kids

New Jersey
Level Contributor
618 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
First Timer- Need Restaurant Recommendations with Kids

I need everyones advice. This is my first time in Aruba and my family and I are staying at Oceania with a car. My two kids are 4 and 7. So far Ive made reservations at the following:

Windows on Aruba

Ruth’s Chris

El Trattoria El Faro Blanco (at the lighthouse)

I have four open nights left and I’m looking for suggestions. My kids are well behaved, but any added bonus like live music always helps. Not interested in pizza, were from New Jersey, no need to mess with perfection 

I appreciate your help!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,934 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Timer- Need Restaurant Recommendations with Kids

Matthews is a nice place. Right off of Druif Beach behind Casa del Mar.

Chalet Suisse has good food as well. Located in the Eagle Beach area.

restaurantsaruba.com/driving_directions_road…

This link gives directions from resorts to restaurants.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Timer- Need Restaurant Recommendations with Kids

Matthews is the first one I thought of -great for families in a nice setting. I'd also look at El Gaucho which is always filled with families also. For a casual night and walking around Palm Beach, kids seem to like Casa Tua and Smokey Joes and Gianni's - all on main sidewalk and filled with families. Tony's suggestion of restaurantsaruba.com is good for picking new restaurants and I usually request a reservation right through that website.

Hamilton Sq, NJ
Level Contributor
737 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Timer- Need Restaurant Recommendations with Kids

Salt & Pepper in the highrise area is great for kids. It is in Arawak Gardens. They have an open air stage that has acts several nights a week, not sure which, but we always go our first night, which is a Sat. and they have always had someone playing.

Also love Mathews but I do not remember ever seeing entertainment there. Moomba's and Bugaloo have food and entertainment. Bugaloo's food is good but I do not recommend Moomba's for food, just a drink and some music.

Teanne

Boston...
Level Contributor
365 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First Timer- Need Restaurant Recommendations with Kids

We love El Gaucho. It is a family friendly restaurant downtown. It's a steakhouse and I have never had a bad meal there.

Also consider Madame Janette. More expensive, but great food. Family friendly as well.

Salt and Pepper for a casual night is great. Located in the Palm Beach stretch and very kid friendly.

Travelguy1001

Edited: 08 March 2013, 14:53
nh
Level Contributor
128 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Timer- Need Restaurant Recommendations with Kids

We went to Barney's with a 4, 7, 12 and 13 and they all loved it. Reasonably priced too

6. Re: First Timer- Need Restaurant Recommendations with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 05:18