We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to go with 2 yr old

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to go with 2 yr old

I am struggling with where to stay and really where to go. On my list right now are PC, Playa del Carmen or Aruba. Been to the latter 2. Never traveled to caribbean with toddler before.

I am looking for:

A walkable and swimable beach/ocean

A nice large room, even better a one bedroom so we can have some time awake while our LO sleeps

Good food

Perhaps a kids club where she can be left for a few hours

I have stayed at top fancy resorts and smaller less fancy. I would like to keep trip under 3500 total for the 3 of us.

Thanks!

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

I cannot think of any kids clubs on Aruba which would accept a 2 year old without the parent accompanying them the entire time in the club.

Eagle beach, Druif beach and Palm beach are all walkable. The calmest would be Palm beach. A zero entry pool would be best at that age.

Check out the Radisson, Holiday Inn, Playa Linda or Marriott Surf Club.

The Surf Club has not only a zero entry pool, but children's pool as well.

The Playa Linda has a children's pool arubabound.com/photos/htl/playalinda/pls.JPG as well as playground arubabound.com/photos/htl/playalinda/plt.jpg

The Radisson has two zero entry free form pools, one with a very shallow splash area as well as a playground for children. arubabound.com/photos/htl/rad/pool/szb.jpg

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

Just to add to what ArubaLisa said, you might find a timeshare a bit larger with a separate bedroom and full kitchen. I would add that the Divi Phoenix has a nice children's pool and the one bedrooms in the new buildings are very spacious.

I think Aruba would be a better choice than PDC for a family vacation with a small child. Lots of restaurants and many choices that are child friendly.

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

Thanks! This info is very useful! I did really like Aruba. Plus having been to the hospital there, I like knowing it would be there if we needed it

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,369 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

I agree with the suggestion of the Divi Phoenix. A 1 bedroom would give you a ton of room, and even a suite would be sufficient. As Lisa mentioned, not sure you are going to find any Kids Clubs for a 2 year old.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,537 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

We went when our son was 2.5 yrs and he LOVED every minute of the trip. We stayed at the radisson and reserved either a pool cabana or palapa on on the beach for shade. Our son prefered the pool over the sand so we did the pool most days. They have 2 zero entry pools that are huge. He loved the butterfly farm that is just a short walk. They had a very nice crib that worked well for us.

Boston
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

We took our two year old daughters to Costa Linda and they loved it. There's a shaded kiddie pool that's about 15 yards from the beach. They also have arts and crafts.

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

Mike-- How far is Costa Linda from restaurants? Is it walkable? Also, did you rent a car when you stayed there?

Boston
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

There are a couple of restaurants walking distance. But most are in the high rise area which is a 5 min ride. Yes we rented a car which is cheap, but the cab's are also very convient. One tip, I'm going in couple weeks and paid $1400 for 2 br for the week. Go through their websites rental board to rent a timeshare. That same room would cost me $2300 through the resort.

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

Definitely go the timeshare route. We are staying at the Divi Phoenix with our kids, but we've been traveling since they were infants. Having the extra room is priceless when traveling with kids. Rent from owners like others have suggested instead of the resort directly.

Try: Tug2.net, redweek.com or Costa Linda's website directly. If you stay at the Divi Phoenix you won't need a car.

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
179 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to go with 2 yr old

Thanks for the sites!