We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba Bob Snorkeling

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba Bob Snorkeling

In all the times we have been to Aruba we have never tried this because the kids always want the jolly pirates with the rope swing etc.. I know the snorkeling in aruba is not that good compared to other island but I was wondering where Aruba Bob goes is it better then the snorkel spot that Jolly Pirates stop at?

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,431 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba Bob Snorkeling

Google Aruba Bob Snorkeling for info. Also, SanNic44 has a video which you can access by going to htpp://bentpage.net.2012/03/02/aruba-bob-snorkeling-video/trackback,which will give you a much better idea. They snorkel at Mangel Halto and appear to be very accommodating.

Edited: 17 March 2013, 04:44
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
832 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba Bob Snorkeling

Aruba Bob Snorkeling does take you to Mangel Alto where there is much more to see in terms of marine life. THanks Curly for the reference to my video! I'm working on a new one this week inlcuding an interview with Stuart and Kat, and of course, plenty of underwater footage from the GoPro cameras.

Enjoy your visit.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,030 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba Bob Snorkeling

Snorkeled with Aruba Bob last Sept. Great time but can be a bit challenging if it's a wavy day. Would definitely recommend!

If you want to snorkel Mangel Halto from a boat you can also take the Tranquilo. Snorkeled with them many times and we're booked again with them in April.

pa
Level Contributor
561 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba Bob Snorkeling

How far is Mangel Halto from where you enter? Is there a lot of swimming to get there? It is on our list to take our 3 kids there (15, 13, 11) but it would be there first time snorkeling and wasn't sure if the Aruba waters will be too choppy for their first time?

Santa Rosa Beach...
Level Contributor
35 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba Bob Snorkeling

We went last year and it was fantastic and there is also a review out there from me - Jolly Pirates is fine for what it is but my money would be with Aruba Bob

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,902 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aruba Bob Snorkeling

For first time snorkelers I would NOT CHOOSE Mangel Halto. The conditions close to shore can be very tough- shallow waters with fire coral and at times poor, to no visibility. Further out there are currents. As Amy mentioned, a lot depends upon the wind that day.

For novice snorkelers who know how to swim, I suggest Boca Catalina. Here http://www.arubabound.com/dive/snorkeling.htm are location and entry info. Imo go earlier in the morning before the wind kicks up.

We have also done the Tranquilo excursion twice and it is one of our favorites. Nice relaxing day with snorkeling you will see no where else on the island.

For poor swimmers, check Baby beach but stay INSIDE the opening.

7. Re: Aruba Bob Snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 05:15