We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

Durham NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

Would like to hear from anyone who has rented this house near Malmok, how did you choose it, and what your experience was like. Thanks

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

No, but I see it's for sale, and I always hesitate to rent a property that is currently listed for sale, because I worry someone will purchase it and then cancel your rental contract. This may not be a valid worry, it's just something I think about:

www.coldwellbanker.aw/index.php…

Durham NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

I rented this dump from 2/23 thru 3/2. Yes, it was for sale and the owner was there and brought agents and buyers thru. Apparently it didn't sell.

I posted here because I wondered if anyone else had rented and whether they had the same awful experience. The experience really taught me a lot about using the Homeawy site to rent a vacation home. I had had such good experiences with Homeaway until this time, I had rented an week in a Rome apartment thru them, 5 days in a Madrid apartment, 5 days on the Chesapeake Bay, twice in the Bakval area of Aruba, and once on LG Smith Blvd right across from the beach. All lovely, actually nicer than advertised. So when I rented Chateau Pinky I carefully read all the 5 star reviews, looked carefully at the photos, it looked fine and I just assumed I'd have another experience like those-NOT. Apparently Homeaway lets owners remove negative reviews and post glowing reviews from family and friends.

We had awful septic odors the whole week. nonfunctioning toilets and showers, mosquitos bec. there are no screens, broken dirty furniture. It was just awful. When I posted a bad review on Homeaway, the owner threatened to sue me for defamation. Then she took her whole ad off Homeaway.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

Ouch! I prefer to stay at Hotels so I know exactly what I am getting. The only exception will be when we go to St. Barths. Sorry.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,673 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

Forgive this frivolous detour, but "Chateau Pinky?" Really? The juxtaposition of those two words is so incongruous--the language nerd in me is imagining Betty Boop swanning around, chomping gum and asking "Parlay voo Frankay?"

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

I don't know who you are but wow, your review is quite the opposite of our experience staying at Chateau Pinky! We stayed there for 7 days in February 2013 and thought that the house was lovely and we were very comfortable. We did not see any broken furniture and there was never any odors or problems with toilets! Are you sure you are talking about Chateau Pinky? I had long conversations with the owners before we stayed there and they were very helpful and kind to us. You must have some kind of "hidden adjenda" to write these comments about Chateau Pinky! We thought the property was great and being so close to the beach was fantastic. Sincerely, Beatrice

Durham NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

Really, I am surprised that anyone would find this house lovely. Did you use the downstairs studio? With the dirty stained box spring resting directly on the tile floor? (No bed frame.) The filthy sofas? The closet door hanging in pieces from its frame? Then there are the dining chairs with broken joints and dirty covers. Then there were the toilets that didn't flush properly, the septic that backed up TWICE and filled the house with septic stink, and the mosquitos that came in thru the unscreened windows. You do know, I hope, that Aruba has experienced a number of cases of Dengue Fever from mosquito bites, and I can post links to public health sites to support that claim. I guess you weren't the party that rented in Feb. that were burglarized while they were at dinner? The window the burglars came in thru was still unrepaired when we left. Did you enjoy using the large industrial size squeegie to slosh the dirty water out of the master shower? Most of our family is accustomed to being able to use a hairdryer in the bathroom in front of a mirror, but you can't do that at Chateau Pinky-no outlets. Perhaps you are the personal friend of the owner? Or the owner herself?

Durham NC
Level Contributor
44 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

Beatrice B., I note from your profile on TripAdvisor, that you registered just now, and that your comment above is your first and only contribution to TripAdvisor, while I have been reading, posting comments, and reviewing rental houses, hotels, restaurants, and excursions on TripAdvisor for YEARS. Anyone reading this forum should take note of that odd coincidence when evaluating our respective comments about Chateau Pinky.

You mention that you don't know who I am, well, I am the woman in the picture next to my post in the upper right hand corner. And you are...?

Edited: 25 March 2013, 15:18
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

I have to agree, I am always suspicious when I see someone register and then immediately post a postive comment/review. Tend not to believe those.

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,913 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

That post was from the owner himself I am thinking. People that have never posted just dont show up out of the blue to defend a house they have no connection to....where there is smoke there is fire...I would not rent from this owner for freeeeee; lol.

New York City, New...
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Chateau Pinky vacation rental house in Malmok

I saw your review on Trip Advisor when i visited the site to re-book Chateau Pinky since we used Trip Advisor before. No, i am not the owner and your accusations that i am a friend or relative of the owner says alot about your nature. I merely wanted to say something in defense of your negativity about this property since we found it to be very clean and a great place to stay. I joined "Trip Advisor" to do the review since i thought it was very unfair of you to discuss this property in the manner you did. I have never reviewed a property before and don't really have time to keep answering these posts, but after i read what you wrote i knew it to be untrue so i did a nice thing and joined so i could state the truth about this property. Obviously, you are a very angry person and do not judge fairly.