We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset happy hour cruise?

Boston...
10 posts
Save Topic
Sunset happy hour cruise?

Good Morning,

I am leaving for Aruba on Sunday and thanks to tripadvisor have a pretty robust set of reccomendations for both restaurants and activities! I have been once before but I was not as interested in the dining! I am looking for a more lively sunset happy hour cruise, it looks like Mi Dushi and Jolly Pirates are the best options but they only sail on Mondays/Fridays both of which I have reservations. Anyone have any other reccomendations? I'm travelling with my mom and sister so looking for less romatic and more lively with beverages and music!

Also, Italian restaurants in Aruba, any that knock your socks off?

Thanks for any feedback!

Emily

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset happy hour cruise?

If you're not expecting alot for an Italian restaurant in Aruba, you'll be fine. They're okay but nothing to write home about. When we get a pasta craving we usually go to Ellioti's near the Bucuti.

Other sunset cruises to try: Red Sail or DePalm. They are both larger catamarans so you can walk around/dance and don't have a couples/romantic atmosphere.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset happy hour cruise?

Gianni's isn't bad, and Sole Mare is good too - but very loud.

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
1,614 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset happy hour cruise?

If you're going to do Italian in Aruba, why not get one of the best views in Aruba to go with it. Good food too.

La Trattoria at the lighthouse:

http://www.aruba-latrattoria.com

Boston...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset happy hour cruise?

Thank you for the suggestions, I've heard gianni's is fairly good but heard that La trattoria is not good food wise but the views are spectacular. I was thinking about going there for light lunch/drinks for the views.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset happy hour cruise?

Go to La Trattoria for drinks at sunset for the view and then go elsewhere for dinner. That's what we always do. :)

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset happy hour cruise?

We consider LaTrattoria to be a must. The food ratings have steadily improved over the years. Stick with pasta and you will be fine. I would never order a steak there, but I would never order a steak in any Italian restaurant. Italian in Aruba is fair at best. May as well have a great view and none of the others will compare. Visit during the daytime. They have always given us a 10% coupon when we made in person reservations.

Boston...
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset happy hour cruise?

Thanks that is an excellent idea! Thanks ArubaAmy! It seems like you are a certifiable Aruba expert, if I am looking for a drink in an actual coconut any suggestions of where would be a good place for one?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset happy hour cruise?

You can purchase coconut water to drink inside a coconut right by the lighthouse. But as far as a drink (with alcohol), I have never seen one served in a coconut in Aruba (I've seen plenty served like that in Mexico though.) Has anyone else seen a drink served like that in Aruba?

9. Re: Sunset happy hour cruise?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2014, 05:18