We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba to Curacao flight advice

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Aruba to Curacao flight advice

My husband and I are presently in Aruba and are taking a flight with insel air on Sat. Easter weekend and wondered how soon we needed to be at the airport? Is it like US Departures and 3 hours before? Also we fly back to Aruba on the following Wed. and we read somewhere we have to pay a deparure tax leaving Curacao, is this true and how much is it? Thanks for any help you can give us.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba to Curacao flight advice

You'll be checking in at the International Terminal (not the terminal for U.S. departures) and will only go through one security check point before boarding your Insel flight. 2 hours prior is plenty of time. If you have an early morning flight then 1 1/2 hours is plenty of time.

Yes, you will be paying a departure tax when leaving Aruba AND when leaving Curacao. We did this a few years ago and at the time I want to say it was around $30. I would call Insel though and find out at the exact amount because I know they have changed it a few times since then.

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba to Curacao flight advice

Thank you for the info Amy I was hoping you would respond because I thought I had read in one of your previous posts that you had done that. Is there a special place we pay this departure tax or is it pretty obvious where to go once we are at the Non US Departures at Aruba airport? Never being to Curacao before I am unfamiliar with their airport so any help there would be great too if there is something I should be aware of.

Thanks for always responding Amy, you are the best!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba to Curacao flight advice

When you leave Aruba, you will pay right at the airline check-in counter.

When you leave Curacao, after checking in you will then just follow the line to a window where you pay the fee there. You won't be able to miss it. :)

Sarnia, Canada
Level Contributor
97 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba to Curacao flight advice

Thank you Amy!

5. Re: Aruba to Curacao flight advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 05:17