We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel verses villa/condo

Ontario
Level Contributor
112 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel verses villa/condo

I am just beginning my research for a possible trip to Aruba next February. Just came back from our first trip to Turks and Caicos - and am trying to figure out to return or try something new - many comments make comparisons between Aruba and TCI - and budget might be the deciding factor - as we found our budget blown in TCI - In TCI we rented a villa for the first time - in past have stayed at all inclusives in mexico, dominican and jamacia - loved the privacy of villa -it had its own pool and deck right on the ocean - wondering if something like this is available on the one of the beaches? or if a hotel option would offer a lot of privacy - found that with others balconies face each other or are open to public areas - any suggestions would help me start to focus on areas to research - FYI - our villa in TCI was about 7000 for 10 days - so I am hoping to find something a bit less in cost but similar experience - thanks

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel verses villa/condo

…hyatt.com/hyatt/…

You may be interested in the Hyatt oceanfront rooms or suites. The most expensive is $6000 for 10 days. Maybe an agent could negotiate a lower price.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,243 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel verses villa/condo

You won't find a home directly ON the beach in Aruba, unfortunately. An option that comes to mind is Oceania condos. http://www.arubacondo.com/arubacondo.html

They are not directly on the beach, but you cross a small road to the beach. The units are lovely, and it gets decent reviews. You will not have the amenities of a hotel though - no restaurants or Concierge, etc. on-site.

New York
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel verses villa/condo

First I would recommend eagle beach if you go to Aruba. Very nice clean beach. I would also recommend a condo unit rather than a hotel. I would recommend http://www.costalinda-aruba.com/. you can rent directly from them or save a bunch of money and rent from one of timeshare owners there. Their rentals are also listed on the costa linda website. It is located directly on the beach. we are planning on going to turks and caicos on our next vacation. Love Aruba but always wanted to go to turks and caicos.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,966 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel verses villa/condo

I would check homeaway.com and vrbo.com for villa rentals in Aruba. However, you will find very few (if any) located directly ON the beach.

A rental at Oceania Condos would also be a good option.

nyc
Level Contributor
243 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel verses villa/condo

At Oceania you must make of it what you wish. The condos are modern and fully equipped and if you should want privacy you can rent one of the units with a rooftop terrace. The grounds are immaculate and the beach a two minute walk across the street. And what a beach it is. Really nice option if you can do without the frills and chaos of the strip.

6. Re: Hotel verses villa/condo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 05:15