We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2017, 18:30
jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,329 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

I would fly to Aruba, then onto Curacao and then home from there. Check DAE and Insel Air.

MidWest USA
Level Contributor
90 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

We have 2 weeks in late Oct planned for Aruba and were thinking of a few days in Curacao too. Cost for us seems high and the airport hassles. We think we will just do that visit during another trip. Agree if you are going to do it fly into one and out of the other to return home. Seems now that one way flights are not much more than 1/2 a round trip flight usually.

There was a ferry at one time, but I think it is no longer running. I have searched for a ferry to other islands and not found any active listing for one. If I am wrong about that let me know.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,091 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

We've been traveling to Aruba since 1996 and for as long as I can remember there has never been a ferry from Aruba to other islands.

It is quick and easy to fly from Aruba to Curacao. We did a day trip to Curacao - left Aruba at 7am and back in Aruba the same day at 8:30pm. The flight is only 30 minutes (we used Tiara Air).

The Netherlands
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

We have done it one time, split between Curacao and Aruba. For we live in the Netherlands I cannot advise you on the flights, but I would like to advise you on the islands. I would start with Curacao, for I think Aruba is more relaxed and nicer. That way, you end the holiday with the best beaches, food and friendliest people. On Curacao there is more to see and do in terms of sightseeing, but it has a more Dutch/European atmosphere (and much more Dutch tourists) and is a little bit less Americanized then Aruba. I think for Americans Aruba is more comfortable, feeling like home but in tropical surroundings and weather. By starting your holiday on Curacao you can do a lot of cultural activities and use the days on Aruba just to relax, beach, swim and eat.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

Like your advice BoesBoes !!

We MAY do a day trip to Curaco- thats all though - snorkeling is much better there, but I would do 4 days there and the rest in Aruba. JUSY MY OPINION.

In Aruba for 13 nights (6th time)

CAN"T WAIT

100 days to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Re: Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2017, 18:30
Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

Thanks for the tip on the Day Trips on Tiara Air:

Aruba to Curacao

Adults: $280

Children (2-11): $215

Infants (under 2): $15

Day Trip fare includes:

airfare

taxes

guided tour

pick up & drop off at the airport

Available days for daytrips:

Tuesday & Wednesday They also have round trip flights "from" $165 USD

As for the ferry service, saw this page on line, but nothing more, so assume it never got off the ground and into the water.

New ferry service to Venezuela

Monday, 23 July 2012 11:39

amigoe.com/english/120641-new-ferry-service-…

The web site for : krioyobluecuracao.com is dead.

8. Re: Aruba and Curacao? How should I work the air travel?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 04 April 2014, 06:16