We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining Suggestions

USA
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Dining Suggestions

1st Time to Aruba. Looking for some dining options. See lots of great restaurants reviewed. For first night after arrival would like a place that gets you amped up for the week. Maybe more casual and relaxing/fun. For one night would like a good romantic feet in the sand beach dining option. Looks like several (Barefoot, Flying Fishbone, etc). We staying at Bucuti is their private beach dining a good choice? Need a for another night nicer spot that is not in the sand (heard Screaming Eagle nice- eating in bed?, White Modern). Need a spot for wifes epic year birthday. Other dining I have heard good things about- Pinchos Grill and Madame Janette? Any good lunch spots while site seeing or after horse ride trip? Need 6 nights filled. Any suggestions are appreciated

Canada
Level Contributor
1,985 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining Suggestions

If you are at Bucuti - walk to Matthews down the beach for the first night.

we stay next door of Bucuti and walk to Matthews to start our vacation off right !!

Beach romantic ;

Passions

Barefoot

Old man and the Sea (less crowded than F. Fishbones - on same beach area)

Edited: 09 April 2013, 01:26
Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining Suggestions

We love Barefoot and would also recommend Passions and Old Man and the Sea. Yemanja is a very good restaurant as is Barney's and Wacky Wahoo. We had a great dinner at Screaming Eagle although we picked the traditional table instead of a bed!!

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining Suggestions

I love starting my week with and drink and a bite to eat at Bugaloe. Sitting on the pier watching the sunset=priceless :)

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,053 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining Suggestions

for your wife's 'epic year birthday',

windows on aruba

papiamentos

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
829 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining Suggestions

Very much enjoy the following:

Yemanja, see:

http://bentpage.net/2012/03/30/yemanja-aruba/

Also, Amuse Bistro, see:

bentpage.net/2013/…

Also, here a video showing how to get to Flying Fishbone and look inside:

bentpage.net/2011/…

Windows on Aruba, also great:

bentpage.net/2011/01/04/windows-on-aruba/

Enjoy every meal.

Bon dia,

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining Suggestions

For on-the-beach dining, I am a fan of Simply Fish (at the Marriott Resort). The menu is somewhat limited, but the entree`s are excellent and the service is attentive and pleasant. I also like that the tables are spaced in a manner that allows for private conversation.

For a casual meal, I would strongly suggest Wacky Wahoo's. Not a romantic atmosphere by any stretch of the imagination, but every menu item I have tried is exceptionally good. Their pan-fried wahoo (or kingfish)and ceviche is the stuff dreams are made of.

Pincho's is a nice change of pace from the offerings of the hotel area and the view is lovely. Try to get there for sunset.

For a special birthday meal, I would suggest Sunset Grille at the Radisson (outdoor seating only) or Carte Blanche (which, I understand, relocated to the Bucuti property earlier this year - reservations required well in advance). Amuse Bistro offers less ambiance, but their menu selections are off-the-charts fabulous.

I am in the minority of those who did not enjoy Screaming Eagle ('cool' decor and 'flash' does not a memorable meal make, IMHO) and was less than impressed with White Modern Cuisine.

Whatever your decision, enjoy!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,691 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dining Suggestions

Romantic: Barefoot. Beautiful setting. Great food/service.

LaTrattoria. Best views in Aruba. Italian. A bit expensive, but a must for us.

Casual: Pizza Bob's next door to Bucuti.

Bugaloe on a pier between Radisson and RIU. Check website for live music nights.

Edited: 09 April 2013, 14:09
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dining Suggestions

Would second Mathews and La Tratorria.

Would add in Aqua Grill as a classy place.

We also enjoyed an old fashion place in walking distance of Bucuti called the French Steak House...nice service and piano player. Also enjoyed Madame Jeanette.

Someone recommended Blossom's at the Westin to me. Might try that next month.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dining Suggestions

For romantic, toes in the sand our favorite is Passions.

Great food, wonderful ambiance we like Screaming Eagle (one of our favorites for food). We usually choose inside seating at a table and then have after dinner drinks at the bar or in their lounge area on a "bed".

Also like Yemanja and Amadeus.

For foodies (serving a chef's menu only) we LOVE both Carte Blanche and 2 Fools and A Bull. Reservations must be made months in advance though since seating is limited.

For casual fare we like Bingo's and Barney's.

New York
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dining Suggestions

We stayed at Bucuti our first visit. We had a very romantic dinner on the beach at their hotel our first night there and best part we didn't have to go anywhere to have it. Pizza Bob's also has good food. Iguana Joes is a fun place to eat located in oranjestad.