We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba snorkeling boats

CT
2 posts
Save Topic
Aruba snorkeling boats

I am trying to decide between the Mi Dushi boat or Jolly Pirates. Since I am taking my father who may not want the whole "party" boat experience I was wondering if any one knew the more mellow trip. Of course we want to have fun/drink/socialize/snorkle but just not too too crazy.

thanks!

Butler, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
310 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba snorkeling boats

You may want to look into ArubaBob's snorkling, it sounds a lil more low key. We are going in sept and have decided to do this one ourselves.

http://arubabobsnorkeling.com/

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,091 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba snorkeling boats

I would say that the MiDushi and Jolly Pirates are about the same. As far as the atmosphere on the boat, that's going to depend on your fellow passengers that day.

We usually go with the Octopus for a morning or afternoon sail. Smaller boat, less people, and more mellow atmosphere. http://www.octopusaruba.com/

I don't think Aruba Bob Snorkeling is what you're looking for. We snorkeled with them last year and it is a great experience but you will be snorkeling from shore and there are no drinks, etc. included.

Edited: 10 April 2013, 18:02
the Netherlands
Level Contributor
67 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba snorkeling boats

I would choose the Tranquilo is you want a sailtrip, snorkeling, drinks and lunch in a small group. Not a party boat. For a short snorkeling trip from the shore (about 1,5 hour) I agree about ArubaBob.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba snorkeling boats

If you want a relaxing, low-key sunset snorkel cruise with great rum punch and snacks (shut up, PL Mike--haha!), consider the Black Pearl. Only twenty passengers---it's a very nice option.

USA
Level Contributor
80 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aruba snorkeling boats

We decided to book a snorkel sail with Tranquilo for next week and it sounds like what you might be looking for. To me, it seemed like the best value at $75 for five hours and including lunch and an open bar. It's a small boat too so I like that the groups are small.

6. Re: Aruba snorkeling boats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2014, 06:19