We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How windy is windy???

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
How windy is windy???

Ok....I keep hearing that Aruba is Windy. How windy is windy....nice warm breeze?? Hold on to your hat wind?? Just trying to prepare.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
616 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How windy is windy???

No, I think the wind issue is way over rated. I visited a few weeks ago and expected it to be like that old speaker commercial witht he guy sitting in front of the speaker. It was a nice plesant breeze, the only time I really noticed was when I was laying directly on the sand.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
629 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How windy is windy???

agree - the wind isn't a huge deal. it's actually very pleasant - the breeze is welcome because it's so hot. I do find it pointless to waste time fixing my hair - it gets pulled back at night. And, I would never go parasailing in Aruba again. That was very unpleasant - we were turned sideways the entire trip. not fun.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
2,668 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How windy is windy???

You may encounter the occasional gust, but overall with winds are gentle and very much needed...without it, the heat would be intolerable for most.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How windy is windy???

I love the breeze, but I make sure my hat fits well.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,272 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How windy is windy???

Definitely needed for the beach and it makes it comfortable. Depending on where you are, you can get sand blasted on the beach - we have a few times. It's not a daily occurrence though. Wind at night is enough to make you realize there are no good hair days in Aruba :)

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How windy is windy???

The only problem I've ever had with the breeze is not being able to realize how hot it really is...got burnt pretty badly one time and it will never happen again. If you are ever there when there is no breeze it is VERY HOT.

The breeze is the first thing that made me fall in love with Aruba as I am not a fan of heat and humidity. I was amazed that I was walking around in 90 degrees in the Caribbean without a drop of sweat on my face. I knew that place was for me!

New York
Level Contributor
1,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How windy is windy???

It is a breeze

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How windy is windy???

ok cool!! A nice breeze is refreshing...not fond of "windy"

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,239 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How windy is windy???

It is a strong breeze but certainly not windy. That said it can blow your hat off your head if not attached well...

10. Re: How windy is windy???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2014, 06:17