We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book with travel agent or with Tam?

Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Book with travel agent or with Tam?

I have been comparing rates for air and hotel with Tam and Cheap Carribean. Right now Tam has better deals. Anyone have any other suggestions who to check rates with?

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book with travel agent or with Tam?

Yep: see what you get at www.aruba4u.com. That's Player's Choice/MCM Tours.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book with travel agent or with Tam?

Also, make sure you check the price before final payment. We have got as much as 500 dollars back before final payment. We did always book at lease 6 months ahead. If price goes down they will credit. Don't depend on travel agent, check yourself.

Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Book with travel agent or with Tam?

Thanks for the replies. Question for Tomsharon.

When you mentioned the credit, was that for the whole package or were you watching air/ hotel pricing? Watching flight price changes as well as flights offered with packages is making me bonkers. Either the prices are changing or the available flights offered with the packages are changing. Yikes!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book with travel agent or with Tam?

I have been to the Tam a few times and book our trip diffrent ways each time. I always check all the prices from Cheap caribbean, Tam and US Airways some years (like this year) it was cheapier to go with cheapcaribean than go directly with the Tam even though I am a parrot member.

The prices change every day so just because one day the Tam is cheapier the next day Cheapcaribbean could be cheapier but US Airways Vacations was alway the most expensive.

And have no worries about booking with cheapcarribean,I used them a few times in the past and have had no problems.

Happy Shopping.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book with travel agent or with Tam?

When I booked I booked resort and airfare separate. So knew how much resort was costing alone. That is how I knew it went down.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Book with travel agent or with Tam?

We always use Expedia, from our area, they are the cheapest for packages, including flying non stop to Aruba or Mexico. But, I always check many websites, several times, before I do the final booking. I will book with whomever has the least expenisve package.

This year, in Feb. (high season), I was able to get the Tam for $1000 cheaper (10 nights) through their website. I booked this in late Dec. I really thought it was an error and eventually it would catch up to me, but I guess i really lucked out and hit it just right.

7. Re: Book with travel agent or with Tam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2014, 05:18