We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

Hi, I've been to Aruba several times already but have not stayed on Manchebo Beach (looking at Amsterdam Manor Beach Resort or Manchebo Beach Resort and Spa) or Druif Beach (looking at Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive). Anyone have a preference? What's the difference? Thank you!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,818 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

Are you considering the all inclusive options at Manchebo and Amsterdam Manor? If so, I would choose Tamarijn. My preference is to go with Amsterdam Manor, but not all inclusive.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

My choice would be Amsterdam Manor. It's hard to make a comparison since Tamarijn is mandatory AI but the other 2 hotels are not. I have not stayed at Manchebo, but stayed next door at Bucuti. The beach, IMO, at both Manchebo and Amsterdam Manor are comparable. The beach at the Tamarijn is lovely as well, and the rooms are basically on the beach. However, we prefer not to do AI in Aruba.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

Thanks for both of your opinions! I don't have a preference regarding all inclusive, although it is helpful for drinks and breakfast/lunch since we'll be going out to dinner...although this may cost us more just for the convenience of not carrying cash with us for individual meals/drinks. JL, what did you think of Bucuti? Do you think Amesterdam is comparable? Bucuti is unfortunately not available when I'm going, but was just curious. Also, just some information, I am going for my honeymoon so I wanted to stay at one of the low-rise hotels (high-rise are just too crowded and commericialized for me). But, I did want something nice considering it's not one of the high-rise ones. Thank you!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

We loved Bucuti and stayed there twice; Tony has stayed there numerous times as well. The beach is unbelievable, and although the rooms were nothing grand - nicely decorated and very clean - it was all about the beach for us. However, we go to Aruba in March and we found it to be to pricey for us during high season.

We have stayed at Amsterdam Manor twice now and I have to say it's my new favorite place. Again, the beach is gorgeous, and although you walk across a small road from the hotel to get there, it wasn't an issue for us. We have stayed in rooms in other hotels that although on the beach, they were a further walk to get to the beach. We loved the quaintness, peace and quiet, and beauty of Amsterdam Manor. I would suggest getting some type of ocean view room. The Honeymoon Suite was lovely, we stayed in that once.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,072 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

For your honeymoon, if Bucuti is booked I'd go Amsterdam Manor. It you don't do AI for breakfast and lunch convenience, you can get things in for easy light meals and drinks.

Congrats and have a wonderful trip.

Sudbury, Canada
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
2,517 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

We've also stayed at Amsterdam Manor in the honeymoon suite and it's our favorite place to stay in Aruba.We rented a car for the week and bought stuff for breakfast, lunch, and drinks at the grocery store. At night, we would go out to dinner. Worked well for us. This is a lovely place to stay.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

Thank you everyone...I really appreciate all the input!! JL, I think I know what small road you are referring to. I've stayed at, what used be called, La Cabana years ago. I think that's the road the the bus/shuttle only uses, right? Not an actual road for regular traffic?

Could you also please let me know if there's a certain time you have to get off the beach here, because of the restaurant Passions, and the time they need to set it up/take it down? How is the pool here?

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

Yes, that's the road. Amsterdam Manor is right next to LaCabana. It is for regular traffic going both ways, but the roads are not very wide. I'm not sure what time you need to get off of the beach; Aruba Amy would know this for sure. I do recall seeing people move over to the right side of the beach (facing the water) when setup was starting at Passions.

The pool at AMBR is nothing to write home about. We tend to hang out there for a little while when we are done at the beach and want to have a little swim, otherwise we aren't pool people and the beach is where we hang during the day.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

Thanks! I agree...I don't want to go to an island for a pool when I have the gorgeous ocean steps away :o) But, good to know. Aruba Amy, please let me know if you know anything about this?

I just checked online, and unfortunately, the honeymoon suite is no longer available :o( At least other rooms are!

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Manchebo Beach and Drulf Beach

A 1 bedroom suite would be just as lovely on the ground floor.