We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Super Foods

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
813 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Super Foods

We went there last night to stock up on snacks, beer and wine. A very nice, clean supermarket. They stock everything you can think of. I thought the prices were only slightly higher than in the states.

Here is something I wish I had known before we bought our beer and wine. When you walk into super foods there is a liquor store (Cheers). They sell beer, wine and everything in between. We purchased beer and wine there not realizing, that super foods sells beer and wine CHEAPER than Cheers. So, if you just want wine and beer do NOT buy it Cheers.

Mary

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Super Foods

We bought our beer right in Super Foods but thought Cheers had a much larger selection of wine so we bought our wine at Cheers (didn't see any wine we liked in Super Foods since their wine selection was limited.)

I loved the new Super Food, too - and it's so close to where we stay so it's quick and easy.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Super Foods

We had a hard time last year getting things my grandson would eat and drink at Lings. So maybe we will have better luck at Super Food. Guess I can check web sight to see if they carry his stuff.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Super Foods

Sharon - Although the new Super Food is nice, I think Ling's is still larger and probably has more selection for most food products. Super Food carries more Dutch products.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Super Foods

Thanks Any for the heads up. We went to the other food store (after not finding what we wanted at Lings) near Divi and believe it or not they had a few more things that we were looking for. I certainly know what the grocery stores carry in Aruba, lol. Guess we will be bringing his milk and capri waters, lol. Hate paying for and extra bag for food.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Super Foods

Super Foods does have milk in the cooler at the back of the store far right hand cornor. They also have a lot of product called "MELK" in special packaging that is located on shelves near the Milk that is kept in the cooler.The special packaging is for keeping the product longer without cooling such as you can find for juices.

The writing on that packaging is is Dutch. When you are in Aruba you could look and see if any of that product is what you are looking for and if it is then next time you go to Aruba you will know where to get it.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Super Foods

Last year we bought about 8 different brands of milk, he would not drink any. It does taste different. But we did try and give it to him, he said, "Yuk", lol. This year we will freeze it and pack an extra suitcase with his stuff.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Super Foods

I always buy McArthur's skim milk (Dean Foods brand) or Land O Lakes skim milk when I'm there and they both taste the same as it does here.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Super Foods

We will try those brands, thanks!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Super Foods

Is there a Super Foods or any large grocery near the cruise ports? If not, would we be able to take a bus to one?

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
3,909 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Super Foods

@Marianora

Yes you can take the bus to Super Foods. Click on the link for the Map which will show you where Super Foods if located. Look in the middle of the page under the + sign.

wikimapia.org/…b