We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

Boston
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

It's a nice sturdy boat so it would be easy to take my little guy on but I know the atmosphere can be kind of wild. He has a little pirate ship and hat at home that he loves so I think he'd be super excited about the ship. They say their family friendly and I see lots of kids in the pics on the website. I thought maybe the 9:30 am tour would be more tame but it is after all vacation so you never know! Has anyone taken a small child on one of their trips?

Salem
Level Contributor
123 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

I would go down early and check it out. The mornings would be your best bet. I have been on the ship at night. There are plenty of places to sit and relax. Enjoy!!!

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

I wouldn't...it's mostly people partying, plus would you be comfortable with your child on a boat without a life jacket?

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,021 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

I'm pretty sure that the Jolly Pirates has life jackets on board in all sizes for anyone who wants one.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,269 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

I think a morning excursion would be fine with a little one. And I agree - life jackets are definitely on board.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

I would pass on talking my little one out on the ocean...I know its calm but I would still pass. I am somewhat conservitive with things like that though...

Yellowstone...
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

Your boat hits a wave.

Some one falls into toddler.

I just think it is not advisable.

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

1. Will the baby have fun (or be fussy and cranky)?

2. Will you have fun while attending to the baby?

3. Are ya okay with others having "adult" fun?

If the answers are yes, go for it!

New York
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

I think that is valid what playa linda mike posted. I personally would not be worried about taking a toddler on a boat ride. My husband and I have been on Jolly pirates and it did not come across as rowdy to me when we went. People did enjoy the rope swing. I had fun watching.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

I have no about JP but I certainly know what happens when alcohol is consumed and I would be upset if someone bumped into my son because they were drunk....it has to many bad possibilities for me to enjoy doing it....I own a boat and its always more stressful when my little one is on it....kids often dont realise whats okay and whats dangerous....

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Am I Crazy to take my toddler on Jolly Pirates?

I think Mike makes EXCELLENT points as well. I would be very, VERY mindful of my toddler so that his or her behavior didn't infringe on the pleasure of other guests. I would definitely go in the morning.