We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

Hilmar, California
Level Contributor
473 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

We are taking a red eye from San Francisco with a short layover in Washington DC before we make it to beautiful Aruba. I haven't flown United in years but remember taking a red eye to Orlando where they had a limited supply of pillows and blankets on the plane and we froze. I'm trying to travel light but don't want to be uncomfortable. Has anyone flown United lately and can say if they still only offer a limited number of pillows and blankets?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,879 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

Pillows - No -Blankets YES

Hilmar, California
Level Contributor
473 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

Thanks. Making sure I'm understanding... Pillows are not limited but blankets are?

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

I did not see either on my trip in January.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

The last time I flew United was last summer on a flight from Albany to DC (to connect to a flight to London)--there were maybe 10 available pillows and quite a few blankets.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,879 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

What I meant was that the flights from EWR to AUA have no pillows, but do have blankets. I seem to recall they discontinued the pillows.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

As of last Sunday there were a limited number of blankets, the women next to me was cold and asked for one a little to late.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

IME, if you are in economy on UA, there will be no pillows and few blankets, which the early boarders will hoard. They are dirty anyway; airlines only get them washed about once a month. You are better off bringing your own.

Edited: 18 May 2013, 21:38
Hilmar, California
Level Contributor
473 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

Thanks everybody. I'll definitely be taking my own pillow and I'll make sure to at least carry a jacket to be on the safe side.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

I have a fleece shawl that I got from LLBean for ten bucks that goes with me everywhere. It's a pillow! It's a blanket! It's a headscarf! If it could only load the dishwasher....

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: United Airlines to AUA - Pillows and blankets?

We bring a little travel kit that includes a blanket and inflatable pillow since UA has cut most free services.