We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Trips

Portsmouth, England
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Trips

Could anybody tell me where the best place is to book trips rather than go through my travel agent. I will be staying at the Tamarinj.

Thank You

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
14,945 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Trips

What types of trips - snorkeling, jeep tours, any specific activities you're looking for?

Portsmouth, England
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Trips

Hi Amy

we are looking at all types of trips/tours except snorkling and diving,

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,450 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Trips

If you know what tours you want to take, you can usually save a few dollars booking directly with the company.

Portsmouth, England
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Trips

Thanks Sunshine, we will have a look around when we get there.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Trips

If you're interested in horseback riding, you have a lot of choices and you would save by pre-booking on-line. We have enjoyed excursions with Rancho Daimari and Gold Mine. I'd recommend a sunset-snorkel cruise (you don't HAVE to snorkel, you can just swim or sit in a nice, padded chaise longue and sip rum punch) aboard the 20-passenger Black Pearl. Advance reservations are a must.

The Tamarijn offers activities at the towel hut for a very nominal price--if the day of the Balashi tour is overcast, I'd go, but I would NEVER go again on a sunny day--LOL. Ditto for the Aloe Factory tour. If anyone tries to twist your arm for the Carubbian Festival, run as fast as you can the other way.

A half-day tour with ABC or DePalm is a good way to get a feel for the island.

I hope you have a happy trip.

Portsmouth, England
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Trips

Thank you Lori, the Balashi tour sounds good for me and my wife is now looking at Rancho horse riding. :)

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,643 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Trips

http://abc-aruba.com/

ABC Jeep Tours is highly regarded. Several tour options. Click on above link.

Portsmouth, England
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Trips

Thanks Tony, this will keep me busy :)

9. Re: Booking Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 05:18