We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

Traveling to Aruba next week (5/26). Welcome any feedback...1st time to Aruba. Traveling with another couple & 14 year old boy. Adult ages 32-45. (We are a fun group, like fun music and a good cocktail as much as the next person, but we are not looking for a college-spring-break atmosphere either.)

Day 1

Snorkel/Sail....Aruba Bob? Black Pearl? Jolly Pirates?

Dinner at Passions on the beach

Day 2

Beach/Pool/Waterports

Day 3

Fishing....Hatts Off? Ola Sport?

Sunset Cruise...Black pearl? Jolly Pirates? De Palm?

Day 4

Inland Adventure....Sunrise ATV Tour?

Shopping...?

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

Not enough beach time...but maybe that is just me?

Both a sunset cruise and snorkel cruise are overkill. Go on the snorkel excursion and save your money and skip the sunset sail. You can watch the sunset for free from any western facing beach. FWIW, Palm beach faces west ;)

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

Thanks, Lisa. Yes, I agree, it does sound busy. I will take the sunset cruise off the list. Honestly, I really don't care about the land stuff either (caves, catctus, lizards, etc) but our friends say they really want to see it. Do you think it's worthwhile? Do you think my son would enjoy it? If not, we might just skip and stay at the beach & let them go solo.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,503 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

We do a sunset snorkel cruise on the Black Pearl. Think 4 to 7. Very nice, not crowded and they serve drinks and snacks. As far as lizards and cactus they are all over you can look from your beach chair. Never been to the caves, IMO just to hot. As far as the light house, we go to the restaurant that is there and watch the sunset, see the lighthouse. Food is ok, but great view. I have been to the butterfly farm twice, kids love it, husband not so much. Once you get on the beach it is really hard to leave to go anywhere but the beach bar, lol.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,944 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

You can get a very good overview of the island in one morning. There are more impressive caves elsewhere in the world. A 14 yo boy may very well be more interested in watersports.

Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,126 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

In some ways the Black Pearl wraps two activities into one-you get the Sunset cruise and stop a couple of times for quick snorkeling. Just know that it's a small group and definitely not a party atmosphere like some of the others. We found the owners, Albert and Joanne very nice and we thoroughly enjoyed our day, but don't know if your teenager would be entertained??

On Palm Beach there are lots of boat options and jet ski I'd also check that out.

Lastly, more beach time is definitely needed in your plan!!

Beverly Hills...
Level Contributor
2,900 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

Since none of the DE's have ever been a 14-year-old-boy (LOL), and I am not mentally far removed, I would rent a Razr from George's Garage for a half day and go play on "the back side" where he can find all the dust and dirt and lizards he desires plus he gets to spend time with dad on a neat side-by-side ATV.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,850 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

Sounds good with lots of beach or pool time for the 14 year old boy. ATV w/ Dad for sure

Have fun

Boston...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,824 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

Atv is a must for the littlemman. I would pass on the caves and spend more time on the beach. Para sailing? Enjoy

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,933 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

http://abc-aruba.com/

Check out above link. Highly regarded company . Various options. A lot of fun.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,342 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Itinerary Advice - Palm Beac

Our kids definitely enjoyed the ATV tour we took in 2008. Our youngest, now 15, was not allowed on an ATV by himself so he rode with dad then I rode with our oldest, and our middle, then only 13, rode by himself. We have an ATV at home so he was comfortable and very proficient with it. We came back extremely dusty and dirty after riding through the desert terrain. Enjoy your trip.