We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Final Preparations

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Final Preparations

First Aruba trip in 3 days....can't wait! I've already made plans for many of my dining experiences while i'm there. I can't say for certain if i'll be lucky enough to return to Aruba so i'm open to suggestions of any places not on my list that i definitely should try in case i don't make it back.

Casual Breakfast/lunch - Matthews, Pueblito Paisa, Linda's Dutch Pancake, Scott's Brats

Dinner - Madame Janette, Smokey Joe's, Carte Blanche, Yemanja

I've also left a few evenings open to just relax and enjoy some drinks while watching the sunset. Piet's Pier bar and Bugaloe have been suggested. Any other recommendations?

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,707 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Final Preparations

If you can squeeze in Barefoot, I think you would be very happy.

CT
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Final Preparations

Papiamento and Whacky Wahoos are great too!

you should take me along (all expenses paid of course), and I will show you the best places to eat!

lol

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,036 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Final Preparations

Another good place (great view) to watch the sunset and have a few drinks on Palm Beach is Nos Clubhuis (2nd level above Hadicuari which is between the Holiday Inn and the Marriott Surf Club). Excellent view on the 2nd level and very relaxing. They also serve a few Dutch snacks.

If you want a "toes in the sand" dinner experience, our favorite is Passions.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Final Preparations

Please allow me to commend you on doing your research!

I second the suggestion for Wacky Wahoo--it isn't intimate or romantic by any stretch of the imagination, but OMG, the fish is divine. Try Amuse Bistro for fancy, or Bingo for casual.

Have a wonderful time!

Edited: 29 May 2013, 22:41
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,398 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Final Preparations

Sounds great. Yemanja, is a favorite. So many great places.

Enjoy those sunsets.

Safe flights

Canada
Level Contributor
1,994 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Final Preparations

For dinner I would entertain Passions or Old Man and the Sea or Barefoot

Edited: 30 May 2013, 00:14
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Final Preparations

For a great dinning experience you should think about White Modern. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7QLMB8hsys

We have had exceptional meals there.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
398 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Final Preparations

If you want a romantic setting for a drink at sunset try Pinchos. It is located as you leave the airport on the left past the roundabout on the main road at the surfside marina. Sometimes the sign is hard to see, but it is a great spot. Just another suggestion if you want to check it out. Oh and they have great appetizers and food also.

New York
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Final Preparations

Restaurants aside, I would suggest checking out Oranjestad, and going on a jeep tour to the natural pool.

Rockland, Ma.
Level Contributor
62 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Final Preparations

Some nice restaurant choices for your first trip to Aruba. I also suggest a walk around downtown Oranjestad. There are so many nice restaurants in Aruba to visit that one could suggest, but the problem is that you can't get to experience all of them on one vacation. I still haven't been to all of the restaurants on my list. Enjoy your trip.