We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Decisions, decisions

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Decisions, decisions

OK, we will be in Aruba in just 13 days. As usual, I try to put a dining plan into effect. Have yet to stick with one. I have listed my choices below and would be interested in your input for the final selection.

Beef/Steak

Chalet Suisse - Beef Strogonoff

Barefoot-Burgundy Beef Stew or Sauteed Beef Tips

Windows On Aruba-Chateaubriand (wife will agree)

Italian

LaTrattoria-Pasta Puttenesca

Mulligan's-Pizza

Seafood

Matthews- Shrimp Kebob

On The Fence

Passions- Seafood dishes all seem to come with some

type of creamy or exotic sauce. Wife will

not order anything creamy.

Papiamento

Screaming Eagle

Zuzuroh (sp?)

Other

Wife will be celebrating BD while in Aruba.

She will be ordering seafood at least a few

times.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,356 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Decisions, decisions

Tony - you can ask Passions (or most restaurants for that matter) to "hold the sauce" on any of the entrees. I always just ask to either put it on the side or leave it off completely since I usually like my fish grilled with lemon.

spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Decisions, decisions

MMMMM, sounds great ! We also loved the rack of lamb at Chalet Suisse and the grouper at Mulligans was the best Have Fun and Happy B-Day to Mrs. Tony :)

Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Decisions, decisions

beef-chalet suisse- husband loves the beef strogonoff

italian for pizza- mulligans

matthews is good for shrimp and more

papiamento-mushroom soup is very good as an app. or their trio soup app.

zuzuroh- greek salad was excellent, pasta fromage with shrimp, rack of lamb, eggplant, grouper, we ate there 3 times with a party of 6, loved it.

windows-if there are more than the 2 of you, try the dessert assortment $22. well worth the $$$-huge.

i'm with amy, any sauce goes on the side.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Decisions, decisions

Thanks everyone. Zuzuroh's web page is under construction. Any idea how I could get a menu?

I'm pretty sure that Passions will be choice for wife's BD. Too many choices, not enough time. LOL.

Does Zuzuroh have pizza? If so, will have to choose between them and Mulligan's.

Edited: 03 June 2013, 19:36
Yarmouth Port...
Level Contributor
1,116 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Decisions, decisions

i want to say yes about pizza at zuzurohs, but can't be sure. it must have been all that wine.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
15,356 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Decisions, decisions

You could email them and ask them for a copy of their menu. Email: zuzuroh@yahoo.com

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Decisions, decisions

You don't seem like a Wacky Wahoo kind of guy, but I bet you and Mrs. Tony would love it.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Decisions, decisions

Mrs. Tony would love the fish, I'm sure. I don't like fish, but have considered WW for her. I'll put it down as a possible maybe. Mrs. Tony aka Dee (Delores). I know that I won't order steak at Passions because I will

be ordering too much steak in a short time and the other places just seem to be more of a sure thing. SO, it will be some kind of fish for me if Passions makes the list. It would be Thursday, June 20 for Dee's BD. I can eat shellfish and some types of fish if the sauce disguises the taste. Am I overthinking this? LOL.

spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
628 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Decisions, decisions

No; it's fun to plan your meals, when you don't have to cook them or do dishes, esp !!

Edited: 03 June 2013, 22:55
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,775 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Decisions, decisions

Sounds good. All my fish is grilled. Sauce on the side. Like how Matthews does it. zur....is a nice place. Hard working couple. Food is fresh. They were busy when we were there in February.

Enjoy your trip. Just a note, White Modern is a fabulous place. Very classy place. Great birthday place. Check out their menu.

Safe flight