We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

Can someone who has purchased jewelry (watches, diamond wedding bands) recommend a good quality and honest jewelry store. I have never purchased jewelry while on the island, but I have a friend who is visiting who would like to purchase some items. I am always a little bit hesitant to have someone shop at a store and spend a good amount of money if there will be any doubt in their minds...that is why I am asking for recommendations.

Astoria, New York
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

Everyone has their favorites. We like Kay's downtown. Anything we've bought from there is excellent quality and appraises for much more than we spent (you have to haggle well!). I've been wearing a blue diamond ring that my husband bought for me in 2008 - I've never taken it off. It gets abused and still keeps sparkling. My diamond ankle bracelet that we had custom made has been on my ankle for 12 years straight. Never take it off, wear it under socks in the winter and everything. A few other pieces that are special occasion only no stones have ever fallen out. I don't worry, because even if they did fall out they would stand behind it and replace it. If your friends are not repeat visitors, they need to be careful about what/where they purchase. Trying to get help from the states can be rough. Just an FYI.

Henryville...
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

I like Kristies in Palm Beach. We have bought a couple of pieces there and they are beautiful and extremely good quality. I usually have to have things sized down, and they are quick to get it taken care of quickly and the work is very well done. They stand behind what they sell and will make things right without any issues. They also have a NY contact if you have issues...but you won't need it!

Chicagoland Area
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

We have bought several pieces from Shiva's, including a center stone for my engagement ring. They have locations both at the new mall by the high rise hotels and the older downtown section where the cruise ships go.

I also bought a piece of jewelry from Jewels in Paradise. They are located in the new mall by the high rise area, as well. They have unique things, which is what I love about my necklace.

I agree with the above posters. If you are not a repeat vacationer in Aruba, it could be harder to trade in/up or get things fixed. Most jewelers will back their items and many have locations within the US if there is a problem.

Have fun shopping!

Edited: 11 June 2013, 00:35
4. Re: Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 14:35
White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,308 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

Bought my Breitling from Little Switzerland. It is great. Bought other Things from Queens. Very good and honest.

like Little Switzerland for some named Designers.

Bought Gucci earrings @Gucci.

Just be careful buying Diamonds.

Remember 4 c's

Not sure I would

Enjoy Aruba

Princeton Junction...
Level Contributor
243 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

I have purchased my jewelry at both Columbian Emeralds and at Germani's. One suggestion, dont compare pieces, rarely have a seen the same piece in 2 stores. If you find something that you like, have the merchant give you a card and have them put their name and price quote on it, so when you think about it, you can go back and make sure that they honor the quote. One thing I must say is that the minute you walk in the door of any place, you are quickly "attacked", dont know if they work on commission, but they are all anxious to help and make a sale. Take your time, don't rush, and dont think you will find anything 14K, such a rarity on the island. There is also ICE at the airport...very nice things there as well in case you want a last minute present for yourself.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

I only buy watches, and only Movado. Always by them at the Wrentham outlet in Wrentham, MA. Much cheaper.

Limerick...
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

Purchased two Movados at there outlet in Maine.

Substantial savings.

Purchased one in Aruba a few years ago.

Same price in NYC.

9. Re: Where to buy jewelry on the Island...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 05:18