We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

Hello :)

I'm going to Aruba at the end of August, Eagle-Manchebo beach (we'll be staying at the Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa). This is the first time for me in the Caribbean. I've only seen the beautiful Caribbean turquoise, emerald, and blue waters in the pictures. I am curious to know how clean and clear Aruban water is? What color is it? Are Aruban beaches and water comparable to the beautiful pictures I've seen? Or should I expect "less-than-perfect" and "not-so-clear" Caribbean water there? Considering that it will be my first time in the Caribbean, should I expect to be happy with the "quality" of water and beaches in Aruba?

Thanks for any comments and advice :)

Douglas, MA.
Level Contributor
172 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

When I've been there it was nice & clear until storms that were happening far away stired things up in the sea. even so visabilty was better if you went out on a boat, the shoreline became murky. This happened to us the last two August's. the storm effects always happened on our last beach day, so we still enjoyed our beach time. Look thru some hotel pics posted on TA and you will see posted pics of the beaches( I'm not talking about the professional pics )

the beaches in Aruba keep us going back. We are going back the beginning of August this time.

Vancouver BC
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

At Palm Beach area it is turquoise in color near the shore and darker further out. Clarity not that great better further out then if there is any storms out to sea expect a lot more murkey and lots of sea weed washing up on the beach.

New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

Oh wow :-/ ... Then I guess we won't be seeing the best of Aruba's water at the end of August? However, the water in Aruba IS clear if there are no storms on or near Aruba ... correct? If yes, then I'm hoping we'll be lucky and there'll be no storms during our 4-day stay.

New York
Level Contributor
73 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

Or simply speaking, and in general, Aruban water quality and clarity is NOT one of the best in the Caribbean? Which would be to the contrary of my research (?).

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

Water color is true to the photos.

Clarity is dependent upon many factors such as weather, amount of rain, water currents etc.

Look at the big picture and not just one aspect.

There are many other islands in the Caribbean with clearer water.

Overall as a whole, Aruba offers the best of everything in a vacation destination.

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

From my Caribbean experience (been on many islands) Aruban water clarity and color is one of the best. Excluding Palm beach area.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

If you are looking for amazing water clarity try Turks and Caicos or Grand Cayman.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

...or anywhere in the Bahamas...

9. Re: Clarity and cleanliness of water in Aruba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:17