We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

It was our first time in Aruba, 4 women, ages 53, 51, 31 & 21. We are all cousins & the 21 year old is my daughter, I'm 53. We arrived in Aruba from Missouri at 3:00, did the airport thing, got our luggage, got a cab & off we were to our townhouse, very quick process. Our townhouse we rented off the web site vrbo.com #949320. It is a 2 story 3 bedroom, 3 bath & it had everything we needed. We paid $900.00 for our stay. It has 4 bikes to use, but we walked every where. It also has a car you can rent for about $200 for a week, we didn't rent it this time, but we are on our next trip. There is also a phone in the townhouse that you can call to the states for free & they can call you for free, this was great! It is super nice, clean & it is in a gated community. The townhouse is about a 15-20 walk to the beach (highrise area), which was perfect. We walked every where & did take a taxi a few times. We actually had our own taxi driver that we called & used each time, we called him John Travolta, we LOVED him!! We cleaned up & walked up to highrise area. We ate at Hard Rock Cafe & made friends with all the employees there, we ended going there often. They also have bands that play outside & we ended up making friends with 2 bands that played & loved them. We followed them thru the week at Bugaloes & our favorite place Moomba Beach!!! Our days consisted of getting up, eating breakfast at townhouse, & being up at the beach by11:30, then heading back to townhouse around 3:30-5:30 to clean up & head out for the evening to eat & do some drinking & dancing. We did the Jolly Pirates, & this is a must, it was the best time ever & the Pirates are great, we LOVED them...so fun!!! We also did the tubing on the beach one day, it was $20 for 15 minutes, but one of the places did it for $10 a person for 10 minutes, which was plenty of time. This was soooooo fun, we laughed & screamed the whole 10 minutes!!! The 2 younger girls parasailed one day, it was $60 a person, but we bargained down & it was $50 a person. The girls loved this! Us older women wanted to parasail the next day, but it was too windy so we couldn't do it. Our last day before leaving, we went on the ABC Safari Tour, it takes you to the other side of the island, it was long, 6 hours, but it was a lot of fun. You see some really beautiful scenery. We didn't know what to expect in Aruba, we knew we would have fun, but it totally surpassed our expectations. We are right now planning our next trip back!!!! The island is clean, SAFE & everyone is so nice. We met so many people that live & work there. I seriously can not say enough about how much FUN we had! We left Tuesday June 18 at 9:00am, so we had to be at the airport early. We arrived at 6am & within 1 1/2 hours we were at our gate. Pretty quick process on that day & our plan left on time. We all did not want to leave, but we know we will be back!!!

Mentioned in this post
ABC Tours Aruba
ABC Tours Aruba
9,105 Reviews
Aruba
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Moomba Beach Bar & Restaurant
Moomba Beach Bar...
2,879 Reviews
Aruba
MAW Island Tour
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Bus Tours
Aruba Go Cherry ATV Tours & More
Sightseeing Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Hull, Massachusetts
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

You guys obviously travel well together- lots of laughing! Best way to go!

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

Sounds like a fun time. Out of curiosity, I put in the VRBO# listed above and couldn't find the unit you were talking about... sounds worth checking out.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

Loved your report, so glad you had a blast and will be returning, Also love the staff at Hardrock as well!

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

Sorry, I checked and the actual number for the townhouse is 949320ha. The owners are Tom & Karen from New York, they bought the townhouse not to long ago, so they put the ha on the end of the number...sorry about that. It is worth checking out, Tom is super nice. We loved the townhouse!

Mentioned in this post
Lynn, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

Great report

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

Glad you had a good time! Thanks for sharing/

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
430 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

Thanks for the trip report. Sounds like you all had a really fun time.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,427 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

Can't find a $200 a week car rental option on the listing?

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

I just read the rental information & the car information isn't on there any more, not sure why. When we rented we had the option to rent the car for the week. I know they reworded the info, so maybe they forgot to put the car info on there. The car is there, if you are interested in the townhouse, I would ask Tom if the car is still available to rent.

10. Re: Trip report 06/11 thru 06/18 CONTINUED

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 05:17