We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn

Anyone have pictures of the new rooms at the Holiday Inn. I'm not sure if those are the ones shown on their website.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn

Anyone

Boston...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn

I don't think anyone has posred any yet. The website does not look like it has been updated.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn

Thanks

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn

I found this for you, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6y3sGmF0yY

Honestly, with the new pool and the updated rooms, add to that a great location, I think HI has become one of the best bargains in Aruba. Especially for first timers on a budget. However, i would never do the all inclusive option. To many cool bars and great restaurants close by, i would never want to feel like i had to eat all my meals and do all my drinks there.

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn

Thanks, been to Aruba before. I always like newly renovated rooms and the price is good. You are right, I wouldn't do all inclusive on Aruba, too many great restaurants.

Montoursville...
Level Contributor
273 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn

Not sure what the previous poster is talking about when he mentions "new pool". We were just there in May and it looked like the same pool to me.

Rhode Island
Level Contributor
813 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holiday Inn

I don't think they renovated all the rooms. We were in Aruba last month and started talking to a couple that has stayed at the HI 19 times. They did NOT get a renovated room. As a matter of fact, she said the AC unit was leaking all over the floor. They complained (valid) and were moved into another non-renovated room. IDK...maybe it's just me, but if I have been 'loyal' to the HI for 19 visits I'd be a little upset if they didn't put me in a renovated room.

Boston...
Level Contributor
58 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holiday Inn

The Curacao tower has been totally renovated and they have their own new pool.

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holiday Inn

I walked through the property 3 weeks ago, I sat on a new Lounger and spoke to the security guard about what a nice job they did with the new pool. To back that up, here is a note from HI Management.

Here are a few of the renovations that were completed last year:

Renovated 215 guest rooms & bathrooms in the Curacao Tower

Exterior improvements to the Curacau Tower

Constructed new courtyard with pool and whirlpool/spa next to Curacao Tower

There are more renovations that are coming in 2013 that include public areas (restaurant/bar renovations, and lobby areas), exterior improvements and guest rooms.

Toronto
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holiday Inn

I am at the Holiday Inn now, in the newly renovated Curacao tower.

Pretty nice. Freshly painted. New furniture, carpet, bathroom, etc. LCD TV. Not a high-end hotel, but a 'new' room is always nice. No funky smells.

Looks like they are still doing some work on a small part of the building, but most of it is in use.

The new pool area looks great too. It's quiet and separated from the main pools.

The HI will be even better once they finish renovating the other public areas/bar.