We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

A S
Westchester, ny
1 post
Save Topic
Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

My husband and I, along with our kids (ages 12 & 10), have an upcoming reservation for a 7-night stay at the Radisson. We want to stay in the Palm Beach area, but now I'm wondering if the Radisson's double garden-view will provide ample space and comfort for our family. Mostly we'll be just in the room to sleep, but don't want to trip over one another as we get ready or try to relax. We're watching our budget, so we were not planning on a suite or a change to the Hyatt which seems to have bigger rooms.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 17:59
Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

I don't know if you should cancel your Radisson reservation, but if space is a concern, why don't you look at a timeshare apartment like at the Marriott Surf Club or Playa Linda? I know I would prefer not to be four in a hotel room.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,297 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

I agree that renting a timeshare would be a great idea. As my adult kids get older, a regular hotel room for all of us seems to be getting smaller!

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,713 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

Either a timeshare or less expensive hotel. The Holiday Inn and The Mill are about 1/2 the price of the Radisson. You could rent two rooms. The first time that we took our daughters to the Bahamas (two teens)we all stayed in the same room. Following trips, separate rooms.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
14,009 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

A timeshare rental may be the way to go. Endless Vacations offer deep discounts using the AARP program.

----------------------------------

http://www.endlessvacationrentals.com/aarp

LaGrangeville, New...
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

The Aruba Tower rooms are BIG. Hyatt rooms are not bigger. If you did not book an Aruba Tower room you could just ask to see if they have any free upgrades when you check in. I agree with the others .. if you are worried about space.. you can look at renting a timeshare at the Playa Linda or Marriott Surf/Ocean Club.

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,504 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

When we first visited Aruba in 2007, we stayed in one room at the Tamarijn--our kids were 17 and 14 at the time. Space was a little tight, but not so tight that it precluded us doing the same thing on two subsequent trips. Last summer, our kids joined us at the Rad, but we had two rooms. Your kids are so much younger that I truly think one room would be fine, especially if all you do is sleep and shower in it. The Radisson is a lovely property. Good luck with your decision.

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,903 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

I am with Lori. You will need the room for sleep and showers. You will be dragging the kids out of the pool to get them back to the room to shower for dinner.

Request a room in the Curacao Tower. The rooms and baths are only slightly smaller than the Aruba Tower and less expensive.

Westchester County...
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

My husband and I hate staying 4 in a room and would never do it for more than one or two nights. (We did it last weekend for 2 nights and that was definitely our limit.) Having more than one bathroom makes a BIG difference too! For a week trip we always book 2 connecting or stay in a timeshare style property. We chose Marriott Ocean Club over Radisson for our trip next Feb for this very reason. But this is really a matter of personal preference. Lots of families stay four in a room.

Edited: 27 June 2013, 00:34
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
2,121 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

We always had our two kids in the same room with us even when they were in high school. Honestly that is part of what made out vacations so special. Now they are in their 20s and sharing one room with two beds is out of the question. Time flies. Stay at the Radisson.

10. Re: Should I cancel my family's reservation at the Radisson?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 05:18