We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

Greensburg...
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

My husband and I already booked 2 Fools and a Bull and would like to round out our trip with another romantic sunset beach front meal. Would you recommend passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone? Why?

Also, any word on windows?

What about a great casual beach bar for late lunch/happy hour?

Aruba ATV Island Tour with Ayo...
236 Reviews
from US$78.00*
Aruba Catamaran Cruise, 2-Stop...
147 Reviews
from US$42.00*
Special Offer
Aruba Off-Road Island Tour: Arikok...
311 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
Arikok National Park 4x4 Tour...
197 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

I have not tried Passions so I cannot respond to that. I recently dined at Barefoot and was not awed as I was the first time I went last year. I feel there are too many swimmers at Nikki Beach to make it a very romantic meal at sunset. Between the pool noise and the people swimming still at that time, it does not spell romance, but it does deliver gorgeous sunsets with the sail boats in the foreground.

I liked the Flying Fishbone when I dined there in 2008 but not enough to spend the money there again and make the drive at night. There are too many tables placed near each other to make it a very romantic atmosphere.

Enjoy your dining experience!

Woodbridge, New...
Level Contributor
194 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

We ate at Passions (Eagle Beach) about 2 yrs ago and loved it! The food was great and the atmosphere was very romantic! But we have not eaten at the other restaurants so cannot compare it to the others. Also, we love Piets Pier for HH drinks and snacks (try the shrimp! Yummy!!) and great views of sunset. Enjoy!

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,972 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

We have had dinner at Barefoot as well as numerous dinners at Passions. Imo, Passions has an edge over Barefoot in that they are a true "toes in the sand" romantic dinner. There is a lot going on at Barefoot with Nikky Beach next door.

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

For a casual beach bar Bugaloes is fun. It's on a pier over the water. Moomba is also a good choice.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

I agree that Passions definitely has an edge over Barefoot with being a true romantic, toes in the sand experience. Barefoot did have more going on at the beach in front of it, but we had a great time there as well and our meal was excellent.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

If you have a car and don't mind the ride, I recommend The Old Man And the Sea, which is next to Flying Fishbone. Beautiful atmosphere and the tables are further apart than they are at Flying Fishbone.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,549 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

We've been to all 3 several times and Passions is our favorite for the same reasons mentioned above.

Casual pier bar/restaurant - the Bugaloe on Palm Beach is our favorite.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1,311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

If you don't mind a little drive we find the most romantic beach dining restaurant is Old Man and the Sea - simply perfect setting and the food is wonderful. We also have dined at Passions and Barefoot many times and while I prefer the setting at Passions we feel the food at Barefoot is much better. Flying Fishbones is next door to Old Man and the Sea so if you are willing to go there I think you should check out Old Man and the Sea. Flying Fishbones is way too congested with tables on top of each other - very little "romantic" for us.

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,549 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

I always forget about Old Man & The Sea but I really did enjoy our dinners and ambiance there - it's really pretty. My first pick would still be Passions but second choice would be Old Man & The Sea.

jl
Waltham...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
6,563 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: passions, barefoot, or flying fishbone/windows/beach bar

I forget about OM&TS too. We went once with another couple and had a fabulous meal and were placed under a palapa on the beach, so it felt private. My only complaint was that a stray dog made its way onto the beach and people were bothered, but the staff did their best to keep him away.